The Mock is a mass-produced Gunpla from the anime series Gundam Build Fighters. It was built by Plavsky Particle System Engineering.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Mocks are drones deployed by the Gunpla Battle system as automated opponents during training. Though most are uniform in their basic structure, they sported a wide range of head variations emulating various mobile suits. The unit seem to lack any native armaments, but can use a wide array of weapons borrowed from other mobile suits. The Mock is not based on any particular existing designs, instead it is developed by combining various characteristics found in mass produced MS such as the Zaku, GM and Death Army.
- ZMP-50D 120mm Machine Gun
- The 120mm machine gun is a standard weapon for Zaku type mobile suits. It is a shell firing gun that does not require energy to be used, however its effectiveness against heavy armor is very limited. The ZMP-50D used a 100-round drum magazine.
- Beam Rifle
- H&L-SB25K A-P 280mm Bazooka
- The 280mm Zaku Bazooka was another standard weapon that could be equipped to a Zaku type mobile suit. The bazooka fired explosive rounds that were quite effective against the armor of mobile suits and battleships.
- Heat Hawk Type5
- An axe-like melee weapon that utilizes thermal energy to superheat its blade, allowing it to slice through the armor of enemy warships or mobile suits.
- 360mm Giant Bazooka
- A large bazooka originally used by the Dom series of mobile suits. The bazooka is magazine fed and holds 10 rounds per magazine, and a single round can blow the torso off of an enemy mobile suit.
- Missile Pod
- Beam Saber
- A sword-like beam weapon that is used for close combat, it is a fairly common weapon used in various forms by many mobile suits.
- Beam Javelin
- The beam javelin is an alternative to the beam saber that is used by the RX-78-2 Gundam and a number of its descendants. It has a higher output than the standard beam saber, and the beam's shape allows for a greater amount of armor penetration ability. The long reach of the weapon gives the wielder a considerable advantage in close quarters combat.
- The skull-headed magic staff of the Satan Gundam, usable as a blunt melee weapon. It can also generate various beam projections.
The Mock was a new product that was going to be announced at the end of the 7th Gunpla Battle World Championship. However, when the massive Arista under the championship arena went out of control, the hundreds of Mocks stored in the arena activated as automated opponents. On their own, they were not very powerful, but their sheer numbers gradually overwhelmed the Gunpla fighters in battle. It was only when the Arista was destroyed and the system deactivated that the Mocks shut down. Despite this setback, the Mock is later upgraded by Yajima Trading into the Hi-Mock and used as test dummy included with their Gunpla Battle system.
- The name Mock likely refers to the machine's role as a blank drone that can emulate other suits (by minor cosmetic and weaponry variations). That is, it serves as a mock-up of other machines.
- The Mock is also a nod to the Gunpla bootlegs which themselves "emulate" true Gunpla models.
- A similar role was occasionally placed upon the Death Army of Mobile Fighter G Gundam.
Build Fighters +
|Optional Handheld Armaments|
Mass Production +
Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock + , Mock +
"Modification date" is a predefined property that corresponds to the date of the last modification of a subject and is provided by Semantic MediaWiki.
02:56:58, 29 October 2016 +
|Page has default form|