Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Musai Kai-class is a fictional space cruiser seen in Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Little is known of this upgraded Musai type. It uses the three turret design of the original Musai and the original Komusai shuttle. However, it now mounted two additional single turrets for additional firepower and had better engines. It is unknown how many mobile suits they could carry, but it can easily be said that they were capable of carrying at least five of the new RMS-106 Hizack mobile suits: three in the hangar and two on its Komusai shuttle.
- 2-barrel mega particle gun
- The main armament Musai Kai-class includes three 2-barrel mega particle gun turrets mounted on the main body.
- Secondary gun
- The Musai Kai-class sports a pair of single-barrel secondary guns, mounted below the missile launchers on the main body.
- Large missile launcher
- The Musai Kai-class sports a pair of large missile launchers, mounted between the third 2-barrel mega particle gun and the single-barrel secondary gun. These would have been used against enemy warships.
Special Equipment & Features
- Komusai shuttle
After the One Year War the government of the Principality of Zeon was restructured back into the Republic of Zeon, an independent state that was allowed to maintain its own military force as long as they abide by rules and regulations set down by the Earth Federation and comply with regular and random inspections. The Republic of Zeon used a new version of the Musai as their light cruiser that was called the Musai Kai-class. This subclass is based heavily on the original model, though it added two secondary mega-particle guns to increase overall firepower. By U.C. 0087, most of the surviving original Musai-Class Light Cruisers had been upgraded into the Musai Kai-Class Light Cruisers, by the Zeon forces at the mobile asteroid Axis. This subclass was in use by the Republic during the Gryps Conflict and well into the U.C. 90s.
At least one Musai Kai-class was in service with the Neo Zeon movement "The Sleeves" in U.C. 0096, and was stationed at the Palau mining asteroid colony. It was destroyed when the Nahel Argama used its Hyper Mega Particle Cannon to destroy Palau's military port.
- "Kai" is the Japanese Kanji character "改", In English translates into "Modified."