Technology & Combat Characteristics
After the confrontation on the SCVA-76 Nahel Argama, further improvised repairs under the guidance of the Garencieres's crew were made to the NZ-666 Kshatriya Besserung to make the mobile suit combat ready for the final push towards Laplace's Box. The lack of proper repair facilities, along with the fact that Federation equipment and parts were used in its restoration, has ended up creating a one-of-a-kind - but nonetheless highly effective - machine. The damaged head unit and the missing armor around the cockpit area were repaired using parts derived from mobile suit spare parts carried on board the Nahel Argama. Out of the four of the shoulder binders, only two were repaired, the two that were lost were replaced with a pair of large propellant boosters. Losing the two binders actually reduced the suit's weight, while the boosters increased the suit's thrust to weight ratio and grants it excellent mobility. The Kshatriya Repaired has new weapons in the form of a beam gatling gun mounted in the frame of its makeshift right leg, a hyper beam javelin mounted in its left forearm and altered funnels stored in the two remaining binders. The suit also retains some of the original Kshatriya's weapons.
- Mega Particle Cannon
- Out of the original Kshatriya's twelve mega particle cannons, the Kshatriya Repaired only retains six of them: Two on each of the remaining binders and another two on the chest.
- Beam Saber
- The Kshatriya Repaired is armed with a total of three beam sabers for melee combat. One is stored in the right forearm to allow for quick responses to close combat threats and can be used as beam gun when not in use. The other two are small beam sabers mounted in the sub-arms in the Kshatriya Repaired's binders, allowing it to catch unsuspecting foes off-guard. The generated beam blade is strong enough to cut through standard mobile suit armor with ease.
- Machine Cannon
- Weapons that fire live ammunition, they are mounted in the chest. These are used mostly to intercept small missiles
- Beam Gatling Gun
- An optional equipment for the original Kshatriya meant for providing suppressive fire, the Kshatriya Repaired now mounts it within the right leg's frame. The weapon is capable of unleashing a torrent of beam fire, though individual shots inflict relatively light damage to the target. It has a scope for aiming and a handle that can flip out for use by the right hand.
- Hyper Beam Javelin
- Originally an optional equipment for the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam, it is a melee weapon that is embedded with Psycoframe material and is part of the Armed Armor series. The hyper beam javelin mounted in the place of the Kshatriya Repaired's left forearm is a prototype version.
- Altered Funnel
- Six altered funnels are stored within each binder. Unlike the funnels used by the Kshatriya, each altered funnel has a small sturm faust warhead attached to the tip instead of a beam gun and is used for direct attacks on the enemy, essentially making them psycommu guided missiles.
- Sturm Faust
- One of the most common weapons used by Zeon Mobile Suits. It is weaker than a bazooka but trades off firepower for cost. This weapon was designed before the beginning of the One Year War as an anti-ship weapon, and can be used both in space and under gravity. Because it is a non-guided weapon, it is difficult to hit targets with high mobility.
Special Equipment & Features
- Psycoframe Cockpit
- The Psycoframe is a technology that builds the brainwave-to-machine code translator known as Psycommu into the metal frame of a Mobile Suit. This allows a Newtype or Cyber Newtype pilot to mentally connect with their mobile suits operating system, similar to the bio-sensor, and directly issue commands via the pilots brainwaves.
- Hidden in the binders, the sub-arms can be used to destroy an opposing mobile suit's arm simply by latching on to it, or used to capture a mobile suit. Each sub-arm is equipped with a small beam saber.
- I-Field Generator
- Located in each of the binders, it is a device that produces a Minovsky particle barrier around the mobile suit, capable of deflecting incoming enemy beam weapons fire.
- Large Propellant Boosters
- To replace its two lost binders, the Kshatriya Repaired now mounts two large propellant boosters instead. As its name implies, it is a combination of a large propellant tank and propulsion system that enhances the Kshatriya's speed and mobility, and extends its endurance and operation time. These boosters are originally prototype optional equipment for the AMS-129 Geara Zulu. They were also featured as optional equipment for YAMS-130 Krake Zulu.
More information about the Kshatriya Repaired can be found on Marida Cruz's page.
Notes and Trivia
- The beam gatling gun in the Kshatriya Repaired's right leg might be a reference to the Gump, a modified MSZ-010 ΖΖ Gundam with a beam machine gun used as a makeshift peg-leg. The Altered Funnels however, are a reference to the Funnel Missiles used by the RX-104FF Penelope and the RX-105 Ξ Gundam.