New Mobile Report Gundam Wing Endless Waltz (新機動戦記ガンダムW Endless Waltz Shin Kidou Senki Gandamu W Endless Waltz?) is a novel adaptation to the film of the same title written by Katsuyuki Sumisawa. It was published by Kodansha in 2 Volumes released in 1997. Kadokawa Shoten re-released the paperback editions on October 1, 2007.
The story follows the plot of the New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz OVA series very closely, while also incorporating plot elements from New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Episode Zero, New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Battlefield of Pacifists, New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Blind Target and the manga adaptation of Endless Waltz. The 2007 re-release also incorporates extra scenes from the theatrical version of Endless Waltz.
Additional Contents and Changes
- The Preventers are specified to be a top secret organization, known only to the Earth Sphere Unified Nation president and several high-ranking government officials, as the existence of an armed peace-keeping force goes against ESUN's commitment of total pacifism. And that other countries would ponder the necessity of such a peacekeeping force if the existence of the Preventers is revealed.
- Neo-Titanium's history was elaborated upon. It was said to be developed by the Romefeller Foundation in late A.C. 195 as their counterpart of the Gundanium Alloy, with only half the weight and twice the strength of regular Titanium Alloy (Changed to twice the strength and half the weight of Gundanium Alloy in the re-release), but it was deemed too expensive to mass-produce.
- It was mentioned that X-18999 diverted their reconstruction budget into the construction of the Serpents.
- Lady Une's Preventer codename is given as "Gold".
- The Gundam Pilots' backstories from "Episode Zero" are shown during their respective flashback.
- Trowa Barton uses the pseudonym "Ralph Kurt" while infiltrating the Mariemaia Army. (This was removed in the re-release for unknown reasons. Though it was still mentioned that Trowa used a pseudonym)
- The scene from the manga version of Endless Waltz where Trowa pledges allegiance to Dekim is added.
- The scene where Lady Une contemplates that the people of Earth are completely unaware of the danger they're in takes place in Luxembourg, near the former OZ Headquarters and Treize and Milliardo's graves instead of inside Preventers HQ. She is also accompanied by Zechs, who is there to receive the Tallgeese III.
- The scene where Heero, Duo, and Trowa stabilize X-18999's orbit and the scene where Duo escapes from captivity are extended.
- After Dekim threatens Zechs that he would drop X-18999 if he continues to interfere, a scene is added where Zechs heads for L3, aiming to take Mariemaia hostage if all else fails. However, midway through, Noin informs him that the colony drop has been averted, so he heads back to MO-III and destroys it, but was too late to stop Dekim.
- Prior to Zechs and Noin's attack on the Brussels presidential residence, a scene from the manga version is added where Lady Une attempts to call in Mobile Doll reinforcements from Vulkanus, but is stopped by Zechs, who reminds her that by using Mobile Dolls, they are only repeating the past mistakes of OZ.
- The Preventers' plan to rescue Relena is elaborated upon: Originally, dozens of Taurus mobile suits would be sent in as distractions, while a team of commandos would infiltrate the Presidential Bunker through a secret passage. However, only a single Taurus and the Tallgeese III can be prepared in time, and Lady Une infiltrated the Bunker alone instead of sending a team, to minimize the possibilities of bloodshed.
- First Score ~ Revolution - Silent Orbit
- Second Score ~ War - Passing Meteors
- Third Score ~ Peace - Return to Forever