Technology and Combat Characteristics
The OMS-06RF RF Zaku is the product of combining original Zeon mobile suit designs with the designs of AMS-119 Geara Doga mobile suits. Although its outward appearance was virtually identical to the original MS-06 Zaku II, it was constructed from modern materials making it much lighter. Similarly its internal components were based on the Geara Doga's and because of basic improvements to technology the RF Zaku not only had a higher performance rating than the original Zaku, but it could even out-perform the Geara Doga in some areas.
Because of the RF Zaku's powerful reactor it was able to replace all of the original Zaku's armaments with newer more powerful beam weapons. Among its standard armaments is a beam machine gun, a beam hawk that doubles as a beam spray gun. A Beam Bazooka is used for big, armored MA or battleships. Additionally the arm mounted shield is equipped with a 2-barrel vulcan gun, a fairly standard close-range defensive anti-missile and anti-personnel weapon.
- Beam Machine Gun
- The RF Zaku carries a beam machine gun similar to the one deployed by the AMS-119 Geara Doga.
- Beam Hawk/Beam Spray Gun
- The RF Zaku is armed with a beam hawk. It is the main weapon to take down enemies in close range. Additionally, the beam hawk can also be used as a ranged weapon because a beam spray gun is mounted on the top of it.
- Beam Bazooka
- The beam bazooka, utilizes the technology of a beam rifle on a slightly larger scale. The beam bazooka fires slower moving mega particles, causing its beam to widen and allowing the beam to cause damage over a greater area, ideal for dealing with battleships or catching multiple mobile suits off-guard.
- Shoulder Shield
- The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit. Since the introduction of beam weaponry, shields have been treated with an anti-beam coating allowing it to withstand several beam shots before the coating wears off. Typically physical shields can only take so much damage before they succumb to the pressure and break. The RF Zaku is equipped with a shoulder shield similar to the MS-06 Zaku II.
- 2-barrel Vulcan Gun
- Unlike its ancestor the RF Zaku's shield also possesses minor offensive capabilities as it is built with a two 2-barrel Vulcan Gun. These shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. These weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
- Sea Serpent
- A wire-guided grappling weapon or shocking weapon used to deliver crippling electrical shocks to enemy mobile suits. It is launched from the hands.
- Cracker Grenade
- Identical to those used by infantry, the cracker grenade is an explosive weapons designed to be thrown or launched by the MS and detonate after a set amount of time. The "cracker" breaks into several smaller munitions over a wide area.
Built by the Mars Zeon faction stationed on Mars, the RF Zaku resembled the old MS-06 Zaku II series of mobile suits. In the year UC 0122 Mars Zeon attempted to invade the Earth Sphere, using the RF Zaku as their primary front-line mobile suit. However despite being one of the more advanced machines Zeon-affiliated movements, most of its technology was based on machines that were decades old. In terms of speed and maneuverability it could not compare to the mass-produced beam weapon carrying RGM-109 Heavygun and F71 G-Cannon mobile suits that the Earth Federation Forces were deploying to replace the aging RGM-89 Jegan.
Notes and Trivia