OMS-06RF RF Zaku
|Developed from||MS-06 Zaku II|
|First Seen||0120 U.C.|
|Head Height||18.0 meters59.055 ft |
|Max Weight||45.8 metric tons|
|Standard Weight||24.6 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor|
|Power Output||2750 kW3,687.811 hp|
|Sensor Range||18300 meters60,039.37 ft|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only (in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso)|
|Armor||Gundarium alloy/Ceramic composite|
|Max Acceleration||1.37 G|
|Rocket Thrusters||62550 kg137,899.106 lb |
68.95 tons (Total)
Technology and Combat Characteristics
The OMS-06RF RF Zaku is the product of combining original Zeon mobile suit designs with the designs of AMS-119 Geara Doga mobile suits. Though its outward appearance was virtually identical to the original MS-06 Zaku II, however it was constructed of from modern materials making it much lighter. Similarly its internal components were based on the Geara Doga's and because of basic improvements to technology the RF Zaku not only had a higher performance rating than the original Zaku but it could even out-perform the Geara Doga in some areas.
Because of the RF Zaku's powerful reactor it was able to replace all of the original Zaku's armaments with newer more powerful beam weapons. Among its standard armaments is a beam rifle, a beam axe that doubles as a beam spray gun; which are all powered by replaceable energy caps. A Beam Bazooka is used for big, armored MA or battleships. Additionally the arm mounted shield is equipped with a 2-barrel vulcan gun, a fairly standard close-range defensive anti-missile and anti-personnel weapon.
- Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of many mobile suits is the beam rifle. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures. The beam rifle carried by the RF Zaku is a rapid fire, short range type. Like most beam weapons of the period, it is powered by a replaceable energy cap. If the beam rifle runs out of energy, the current energy cap can be replaced by a new one.
- Beam Axe/Beam Spray Gun
- The RF Zaku is armed with a beam axe, powered be replaceable E-Pac. The beam axe use Minovsky particles held in place by an I-Field to form an effective cutting surface that can slice through nearly any material. It is the main weapon to take down enemies in close range. Additionally, the axe can also be used as a long-range weapon because a Beam Spray Gun is mounted on the top of it. The beam spray gun has a smaller focusing coil which results in a less powerful, and a more scattered shot. As a result of this the beam spray gun is less effective at long range, but is better at close range due to a more spread out shot, similar to a shotgun effect.
- Beam Bazooka
- A Beam Bazooka is equipped on the RF Zaku to use against heavy-armored enemies or battleships. The bazooka has it's own internal reactor, rather than an E-cap; thus the bazooka is capable of a single sustained blast or several short bursts, requiring a lengthy recharge period of approximately 10 minutes before it can be used again.
- The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit. Since the introduction of beam weaponry, shields have been treated with an anti-beam coating allowing it to withstand several beam shots before the coating wears off. Typically physical shields can only take so much damage before they succumb to the pressure and break. A shield can be equipped to either arm of the RF Zaku in order to increase defense against both beam and physical attacks
- 2-Barrel Vulcan Gun
- The RF Zaku's shield also possesses minor offensive capabilities as it is built with two 2-Barrel Vulcan Gun. These head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. These weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
Special Equipment & Features
- Weapon Mount
- In order to increase the usability of the RF Zaku, it was equipped with Weapon Mounts throughout it's body. With these Weapon Mount, this Mobile Suit can mounts extra weapon to fulfill specific combat roles with maximum efficiency, thus making the RF Zaku a very versatile Mobile Suit.
Built by the Mars Zeon faction stationed on Mars, the RF Zaku resembled the old MS-06 Zaku II series of mobile suits. In the year UC 0122 Mars Zeon attempted to invade the Earth Sphere, using the RF Zaku as their primary front-line mobile suit. However despite being one of the more advanced machines Zeon-affiliated movements, most of its technology was based on machines that were decades old. In terms of speed and maneuverability it could not compare to the mass-produced beam weapon carrying RGM-109 Heavygun and F71 G-Cannon mobile suits that the Earth Federation Forces were deploying to replace the aging RGM-89 Jegan.