Technology and Combat Characteristics
The armament of the RF Gouf was largely similar to that of the old MS-07B Gouf. It retained the finger-mounted machine gun on the left hand as well as the retractable rod on its right forearm, although the rod of the RF Gouf had a beam generator in its tip, making it much more deadly than the old version. Its fixed armament was also upgraded with four head-mounted Vulcan guns. The handheld weapons of the RF Gouf were also upgraded and now consisted of a beam bazooka, beam rifle and a heat sword.
As with the original Gouf, the RF Gouf was suited specifically for close-quarters-combat thanks to the beam rod, which has a long reach for a melee weapon and thus has an advantage in close quarters combat. Additionally, the machine guns and Vulcan guns were weapons that were not that effective except at close range. However the addition of the beam rifle allowed the RF Gouf to use a powerful long range weapon, evening out its capabilities.
- Vulcan Gun
- Rapid-firing rotary cannons mounted in the RF Gouf's head. These head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire, but little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits; however, they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. They are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small vehicles, etc.
- Beam Rod
- A close-range weapon installed in the right arm of the RF Gouf, replacing the original Gouf's heat rod. The upgraded version used by the Oldsmobile Army had a beam generator at the tip.
- 5-barrel Machine Gun
- The RF Gouf's left hand is replaced by a 5-barrel Machine Gun machine gun. The gun has five barrels which are shaped to look like fingers. These gun serve the same mid-range defensive role as the head-mounted Vulcan guns, though they can destroy a Mobile Suit with a concentrated fire.
- Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of many mobile suits is the beam rifle, it fires a particle beam that can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures. By equipping this, the Gouf's long range combat ability was greatly increased.
- Beam Bazooka
- The beam bazooka utilizes the technology of a beam rifle on a slightly larger scale. The beam bazooka fires slower moving mega particles, causing its beam to widen and allowing the beam to cause damage over a greater area, ideal for dealing with battleships or catching multiple mobile suits off-guard.
- Heat Sword
- A melee weapon originally developed for the Gouf line of mobile suits. Like the Zaku's heat tomahawk, the heat sword has a blade that is heated to high temperatures in order to increase its cutting capacity.
Built by the Mars Zeon faction stationed on Mars, the RF Gouf resembled the old MS-07 Gouf series of mobile suits. Although it resembled the older mobile suit, the RF Gouf had a redesigned internal structure featuring modern parts and designs. This in turn allowed the RF Gouf to have a performance on par with modern mobile suits.
Notes and Trivia