Technology and Combat Characteristics
The armament of the RF Gouf was largely similar to that of the old MS-07B Gouf. It retained the finger-mounted machine gun on the left hand as well as the retractable rod on its right forearm, although the rod of the RF Gouf had a beam generator in its tip, making it much more deadly than the old version. Its fixed armament was also upgraded with four head-mounted Vulcan guns. The handheld weapons of the RF Gouf were also upgraded compared to the old Gouf and now consisted of a beam bazooka, beam rifle and a heat sword.
As with the original Gouf, the RF Gouf was suited specifically for close-quarters-combat thanks to his beam rod, which has a long reach for a melee weapon and typically the weapon with the greater reach as the greater advantage in close quarters combat. Additionally the machine guns and Vulcan guns were weapons that in the second Universal Century were not that effective except at close range. However the addition of the beam rifle allowed the Gouf to use a powerful long range weapon, evening out its capabilities.
- Vulcan Gun
- Rapid-firing rotary cannons mounted in the RF Gouf's head. These head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire, but have little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits; however, the vulcan gun can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. These weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
- Beam Rod
- A close-range weapon installed in the right arm of the RF Gouf, replacing the original Gouf's heat rod. The upgraded version used by the Oldsmobile Army had a beam generator at the tip.
- 5-barrel Machine Gun
- The OMS-07RF's left hand is replaced by a 5-barrel Machine Gun machine gun. The gun has five barrels which are shaped to look like fingers. These gun serve the same mid-range defensive role that the Vulcan guns serve on the head, though they can destroy a Mobile Suit with a concentrate stream of shots.
- Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of the many mobile suits is the beam rifle. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures. By equipping this, the Gouf's long range combat ability was greatly increased.
- Beam Bazooka
- The beam bazooka, utilizes the technology of a beam rifle on a slightly larger scale. The beam bazooka fires slower moving mega particles, causing its beam to widen and allowing the beam to cause damage over a greater area, ideal for dealing with battleships or catching multiple mobile suits off-guard.
- Heat Sword
- A melee weapon originally developed for the Gouf line of mobile suits. Like the Zaku's heat tomahawk the heat sword is a blade that is heated to high temperatures in order to increase it's cutting capacity. The Heat Sword was designed after a broadsword so its blade is longer than the tomahawk allowing for a greater range of attack.
Built by the Mars Zeon faction stationed on Mars, the RF Gouf resembled the old MS-07 Gouf series of mobile suits. Although it resembled the older mobile suit, the RF Gouf had a redesigned internal structure featuring modern parts and designs. This in turn allowed the RF Gouf to have a performance on par with modern mobile suits.