The OMS-09DRF RF Desert Dom appeared in the manga series Mobile Suit Gundam F91: Formula Report 0122.
Technology and Combat Characteristics
A variant of the OMS-09RF RF Rick Dom used by Mars Zeon in the early UC 0120s, the OMS-09DRF RF Desert Dom can be considered the descendant of the YMS-09D Dom Tropical Test Type used by Principality of Zeon during the One Year War in UC 0079. The RF Desert Dom ("RF" being short for "ReFined") is designed for use in the harsh desert and tropical climate regions of Earth, equipped with shielding and dust covers over its joints and other internal systems as necessary. Like the old Dom Tropical Test Type, the RF Desert Dom is also outfitted with high-powered jet thrusters in its legs, allowing the mobile suit to hover across desert sand dunes at very high speed.
Its arsenal is also different from the RF Rick Dom's with the relocation of the beam saber recharge rack to the rear waist armor, the 8-tube grenade launcher replacing the 2-slot model found on the RF Rick Dom, and the removal of the beam rifle.
- Scattering Mega Particle Gun
- Inspired by the original Dom, a scattering mega particle gun is mounted on the torso of the mobile suit. However, unlike the version used during the One Year War, this weapon has been upgraded to be an actual offensive weapon, capable of releasing a spray of beam energy powerful enough to cause wide-spread, permanent damage to enemy mobile suits.
- Beam Saber
- The Beam Saber emits high-energy Minovsky particles to form a blade-shaped I-field (via manipulation of electromagnetic fields), and then fills this I-field shell with superheated Minovsky particle plasma to produce an effective cutting blade. The termination of the I-field along a solid contact surface allows the plasma to eat away at the offending material until the I-field reestablishes itself, allowing the weapon to "cut" through almost any target. The RF Desert Dom is equipped with one beam saber stored in its recharge rack on the left hip armor.
- 8-tube Grenade Launcher
- The RF Desert Dom has a 8-tube grenade launcher mounted into its backpack. These grenades are not very effective against large ships, but are ideal mid-range anti-mobile suit weapons.
- Beam Bazooka
- Beam bazooka is essentially beam rifle on a slightly larger scale. It fires slower moving mega particles, causing its beam to widen and allowing the beam to cause damage over a greater area, ideal for dealing with battleships or catching multiple mobile suits off-guard.
When the Oldsmobile Army eventually invaded Earth in U.C. 0122, allying with the Crossbone Vanguard, a land combat/tropical climate variant of the RF Rick Dom was developed. Although a majority of them are used in desert areas, a minor variation known as Snow Dom used in cold climate areas also existed.