The OMS-09RF RF Rick Dom appeared in the manga series Mobile Suit Gundam F91: Formula Report 0122.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
A mass production front-line unit used by Mars Zeon in the early UC 0120s based on the old space-use MS-09R Rick Dom. The RF Rick Dom featured the toughest armor as well as the heaviest firepower among Mars Zeon's RF ("RF" being short for "ReFined") series MS. In addition to hand-carried a beam saber, beam rifle and beam bazooka, the RF Rick Dom also has a pair of scattering mega particle guns mounted in its chest.
- Vulcan Gun
- These fire-linked, shell-firing weapons have a high rate of fire but have little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. The weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small land vehicles, and attack helicopters.
- Scattering Mega Particle Gun
- Inspired by the original Dom, two fire-linked scattering mega particle guns are mounted on the torso of the mobile suit. However, unlike the version used during the One Year War, these have been upgraded to be actual offensive weapons, capable of releasing a spray of beam energy powerful enough to cause wide-spread, permanent damage to enemy mobile suits.
- Beam Saber
- The Beam Saber emits high-energy Minovsky particles to form a blade-shaped I-field (via manipulation of electromagnetic fields), and then fills this I-field shell with superheated Minovsky particle plasma to produce an effective cutting blade. The termination of the I-field along a solid contact surface allows the plasma to eat away at the offending material until the I-field reestablishes itself, allowing the weapon to "cut" through almost any target. The RF Rick Dom is equipped with one beam saber stored in its recharge rack in the backpack.
- 2-slot Grenade Launcher
- The RF Rick Dom has a grenade launcher capable of holding two grenades mounted into its backpack. These grenades are not very effective against large ships, but are ideal mid-range anti-mobile suit weapons.
- Beam Rifle
- Standard range weapon that fires a directed and concentrated burst of mega particles. Can penetrate most materials that have not been treated with an anti-beam countermeasure.
- 360mm Giant Bazooka
- The same Giant Bazooka used by the Dom series of mobile suits. The bazooka is magazine fed and holds 10 rounds per magazine, and a single round can blow the torso off of an enemy mobile suit.
- Beam Bazooka
- Beam bazooka is essentially beam rifle on a slightly larger scale. It fires slower moving mega particles, causing its beam to widen and allowing the beam to cause damage over a greater area, ideal for dealing with battleships or catching multiple mobile suits off-guard.
The OMS-09RF RF Rick Dom was one of several mobile suit designs that Mars Zeon mass-produced and used during their invasion of Earth in the year UC 0122. As with all Oldsmobile Army mobile suits the RF Rick Dom is based on the design of a One Year War-era Principality of Zeon mobile suit, specifically the MS-09R Rick Dom, one of the highest performing machines to be fielded during the war.
The RF Rick Dom was a unit that specialized in space combat, surpassing its ancestor in the role with its greater firepower and armor. With its multiple heavy beam weapons it could easily sink warships, while its heavy armor made it difficult to destroy.
Notes & Trivia
- RF Rick Dom appears in SD Gundam G Generation World as a playable unit, but its only named RF Dom.