OZ-00MS2B Tallgeese III
|Developed from||OZ-00MS2 Tallgeese II|
|First Seen||December 26, 196 A.C.|
|Manufacturer||Organization of the Zodiac|
|Known Pilots||Zechs Merquise (a.k.a.Preventer Wind)|
|Head Height||17.4 meters57.087 ft |
|Standard Weight||8.2 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Ultracompact fusion reactor|
|Power Output||3647 kW4,890.707 hp|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only (in standard cockpit in torso)|
|Rocket Thrusters||87003 kg191,808.728 lb |
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Tallgeese III is based on the previous two models and, like them, features superior speed that exceeds that of most other mobile suits. Its armaments are similar to the ones used on the previous models, although most weapons were upgraded and two new were added. The weaponry now includes a pair of head mounted vulcans, a pair of beam sabers, a retractable heat rod and a mega beam cannon. According to the Gundam Wing Encyclopedia, the Tallgeese III is fitted with an interface similar to the Epyon System.
- Beam Saber
- For close combat, the Tallgeese features two beam sabers, which, when not used, are stored in the shield of the suit.
- Mega Beam Cannon
- The strongest weapon of the Tallgeese III is its mega beam cannon, which replaces the old dober gun used on the previous two models. It has two modes; a compact configuration, which functions like a beam rifle, and barrel extended, which forms a powerful beam cannon. The beam cannon mode is among the most powerful mobile suit beam cannons and nearly as powerful as the twin buster rifle of the Wing Zero. Its raw strength was displayed when one shot was enough to destroy the asteroid base MO-III.
- Vulcan Cannons
- A new addition to the armament of the Tallgeese series is a set of head-mounted vulcan guns. These guns can be used to shoot down enemy suits at close range or incoming missiles.
- Shield w/Retractable Heat Rod
- Like the previous two models, the Tallgeese III mounts a shield on the left arm's shoulder joint for defensive purposes. Unlike its predecessors, however, the shield also mounts a retractable heat rod, similar to the one previously used on Zechs' OZ-13MS Gundam Epyon.
Tallgeese III is a variant suit of Treize Khushrenada's OZ-00MS2 Tallgeese II and started development around the same time as the building of that unit; however, it wasn't finished in time for Treize to take it with him to space. After the Eve Wars' conclusion, the Tallgeese III was confiscated by the Earth Sphere United Nation's Preventer taskforce and kept in storage.
In AC 196, when the Mariemeia Army declared war on the Earth Sphere Unified Nation, former OZ ace pilot Zechs Merquise returned from hiding to work for the Preventers. Zechs was assigned the code name Wind and given Tallgeese III to fight against Mariemeia's Army. He first attacked them in space while they launched from their base MO-III. Using the suit's beam saber, Zechs cut down several ships but had to stop when Dekim Barton threatened to throw a colony on Earth. When Dekim fled, Zechs used the Tallgeese's mega beam cannon to destroy the asteroid base. Later, Zechs would use the Tallgeese III to pacify Mariemeia's army of MMS-01 Serpents in Brussels without killing any of the pilots.
Notes & Trivia
- In Super Robot Wars 64, Tallgeese III can be obtained by bartering Epyon for Tallgeese III to Howard. This method is a bit different compared to the method of obtaining the five primary Endless Waltz Gundams. The Endless Waltz version of the five Gundams can be obtained simply by fully upgrading the TV version of the pertinent Gundams.
- Zechs with the Tallgeese III appeared in Gundam Battle Assault 3: Featuring Gundam SEED, challenging the player as Athrun Zala with his Justice. Before the fight begins, Zechs confirms that Athrun's mobile suit is a Gundam type. Then he said that all Gundams are tools of mass destruction and such things must be destroyed.
- Additionally, the suit is featured in a secret boss battle with the theme used being a remix of the Tallgeese music that was used in Gundam Wing: Endless Duel, a game ironically released only in Japan.
- Tallgeese III's Mega Beam Cannon as MAP attack is missing in the recent Super Robot Wars series.
- It is possible to build Tallgeese I or Tallgeese II from the HG 1/100 Endless Waltz series model kit of Tallgeese III as the pack provides the parts to build the older Tallgeeses. However, only one of which can be built from one pack of the model kit as the pack only provides one set of parts of the main body.