Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
After creating OZ-13MSX1 Vayeate and OZ-13MSX2 Mercurius, the Colony Doctors were forced by OZ to mass-produce a new line of mobile suits which would later be incorporated into OZ's Mobile Doll program. The new machine, the OZ-02MD Virgo, incorporated the powerful offensive and defensive technology of the Vayeate and Mercurius, as well as gundanium armor, which was highly effective against the weapons of most mass-produced mobile suits.
The Virgo is a slow machine incapable of quick maneuvers. Instead, it relies on its heavy offensive and defensive capabilities to weather enemy attacks and return a devastating counterattack. If is also incapable of close-range combat, as it lacks any weapons to perform it and any programmable data as to how to perform it.
- Beam Cannon
- For offensive purposes the Virgo is equipped with a beam cannon based on the one used by the Vayeate. The beam cannon is mounted on the right arm and directly connected to the mobile doll's right shoulder, which houses an energy collector that spins rapidly when the cannon is used. The weapon's power output can easily destroy a Leo with a single shot. Although not as powerful as the Vayeate's beam cannon, it is nevertheless the most powerful weapon mounted on a mass produced machine. Curiously, it appears to have a variable output as a couple of them were seen using a much weaker rapid-fire mode when pursuing Relena Darlian's vehicle.
- Planet Defensors
- The Virgo has four planet defensors stored in the left shoulder, and they are based on those used by the Mercurius. When deployed, the defensors operate independently, and can generate a defensive energy barrier capable of blocking most incoming attacks. When low on energy, they can return to the rack on the mobile unit's left shoulder to recharge.
Special Equipment & Features
- Mobile Doll AI Control System
- The Virgo was controlled by the mobile doll system, negating the need for a human pilot to function. The AI's movements lack innovation, however, relying on pre-programmed data to determine how it reacts in a given situation.
Developed by Romefeller Foundation engineer Tubarov in the year AC 195 at OZ lunar base and mobile suit factory. It was first deployed on September 8 to combat the Space Leos of a group led by Lady Une. While the new mobile dolls managed to overwhelm the attackers many of them are destroyed by the still incomplete XXXG-01D2 Gundam Deathscythe Hell and XXXG-01S2 Altron Gundam as their pilots escaped.
Once completed and put into mass production the Virgo would be used heavily by the Romefeller Foundation on Earth to wipe out any armed resistance to the organization's rule. The mobile doll would see mostly victory until they reached the Sanc Kingdom which was protected by several of Ace pilots piloting improved OZ-12SMS Taurus mobile suits as well as Heero who was piloting the OZ-13MS Gundam Epyon. Eventually the White Fang organization would infiltrate and capture the lunar mobile doll factory where members would find the designs for a new mobile doll that they put into production for themselves as the WF-02MD Virgo II.
- The Virgo's name is derived from "Virgo" being the sixth Zodiac sign meaning "Virgin", which may be reference to the fact that it doesn't need a human pilot in order to function. It is unknown, though unlikely, if the Virgo or any of its variant models have actual cockpits, as it was constructed with the intent of being a mobile doll, unlike the mobile doll versions of the Leo or Taurus.
- The Virgo's design is essentially a fusion of the designs of the Mercurius and Vayeate, bearing the same body structure with minor enhancements such as enlarged shoulders and reinforced chest armor, while incorporating the weapons of both mobile suits into its body.