|Developed from||OZ-13MSX1 Vayeate|
|First Seen||195 A.C.|
|Last Seen||195 A.C.|
|Manufacturer||Organization of the Zodiac|
|Operator||Organization of the Zodiac|
|Head Height||16.3 meters53.478 ft |
|Standard Weight||7.3 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Ultracompact Fusion Reactor|
|Pilot Accommodations||Mobile Doll AI Control System|
Technology & Combat Characteristics
After creating OZ-13MSX1 Vayeate and OZ-13MSX2 Mercurius, the Colony Doctors were forced by OZ to mass produce a new line of mobile suits which would later be incorporated into OZ's Mobile Doll program. The new machine, the OZ-02MD Virgo, incorporated the powerful offensive and defensive technology of the Vayeate and Mercurius, as well as gundanium armor, which was highly effective against the weapons of most mass-produced mobile suits.
The Virgo is a slow machine incapable of quick maneuvers. Instead, it relies on its heavy offensive and defensive capabilities to weather enemy attacks and return a devastating counterattack.
- Beam Cannon
- For offensive purposes the Virgo is equipped with a beam cannon based on the one used by the Vayeate. The beam cannon is mounted on the right arm and directly connected into the mobile doll's right shoulder which houses an energy collector. The weapon's power output can easily destroy a Leo with a single shot. Although not as powerful as the Vayeate's beam cannon, it is nevertheless the most powerful weapon mounted on a mass produced machine.
- Planet Defensers
- The Virgo has four planet defensers stored in the left shoulder, based on those used by the Mercurius. When deployed, the defensers operate independently, and can generate a defensive energy barrier capable of blocking most incoming attacks. When low on energy, they can return to the rack on the mobile unit's left shoulder to recharge.
Special Equipment & Features
- Mobile Doll AI Control System
- The Virgo was controlled by the mobile doll system, negating the need for a human pilot to function. The AI's movements lack innovation, however, relying on pre-programmed data to determine how it reacts in a given situation.
Developed by Romefeller Foundation engineer Tubarov in the year AC 195 at OZ lunar base and mobile suit factory. It was first deployed on September 8th to combat the Space Leos of a group led by Lady Une. While the new mobile dolls managed to overwhelm the attackers many of them are destroyed by the still incomplete XXXG-01D2 Gundam Deathscythe Hell and XXXG-01S2 Altron Gundam as their pilots escaped.
Once completed and put into mass production the Virgo would be used heavily by the Romefeller Foundation on Earth to wipe out any armed resistance to the organization's rule. The mobile doll would see mostly victory until they reached the Sanc Kingdom which was protected by several of Ace pilots piloting improved OZ-12SMS Taurus mobile suits as well as Heero who was piloting the OZ-13MS Gundam Epyon.
Eventually the White Fang organization would infiltrate and capture the lunar mobile doll factory where members would find the designs for a new mobile doll that they put into production for themselves as the WF-02MD Virgo II.
- The Virgo's name is derived from "Virgo" being the sixth Zodiac sign meaning "Virgin", which may be reference to the fact that it doesn't need a human pilot in order to function.