The OZ-04MD Virgo III (pronounced Virgo Cube) is a mobile suit in the After Colony era. It first appeared in the comic New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Battlefield of Pacifists.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Virgo III is an improved model of the Virgo series. This mobile doll has a better version of the mobile doll system, increased mobility, and stronger planet defensors.
- Mega Beam Cannon
- A powerful beam weapon and the main weapon of the Virgo III, it has a higher output than its predecessor, the WF-02MD Virgo II's beam cannon.
- Beam Saber
- Like its predecessor, the Virgo III is equipped with a pair of beam sabers, allowing it to perform melee attacks.
- Planet Defensor
- Two remote weapons mounted on the shoulders of the Virgo III which are based on the OZ-13MSX2 Mercurius' planet defensors. A weapon that is controlled by the Mobile Doll AI and is used to defend itself from a impending attack. They are small disc-shaped objects which are capable of generating an almost-impenetrable energy shield. They are able to repel just about any attack. Over a period of powerful shots, they can be weakened and lose their power to produce an energy barrier. When low on energy, they can return to the rack on the mobile unit's shoulders for recharging. Unlike its predecessors, the Virgo III is equipped with two large planet defensor dishes as opposed to six or more smaller ones. When used in conjunction with its thrusters, the powerful magnetic field generated by the planet defensors can allow the suit to hover at a low altitude.
Special Equipment & Features
- Mobile Doll AI Control System
- Like its predecessor, the Virgo III was controlled by the Mobile Doll system, negating the need for a human pilot to function. Because it is a computer controlling the Virgo III, its movements lack innovation, relying on pre-programmed data to determine how it reacts in a given situation.
- High Mobility Booster
- The same as the one utilized by the OZ-06MS Leo, this optional equipment grants the Virgo III atmospheric flight capabilities.
OZ planned to mass-produce this mobile doll. However, this never happened because of Tubarov's death. Instead, its plans were acquired by the Perfect Peace People, who put the Virgo III into mass production for themselves.
A customized unit modified to enable human piloting was used by Dix-Neuf Noinheim during his attack on Sanc Kingdom. It was equipped with a high mobility booster, granting it atmospheric flight capability. This unit was shot down by a Cancer piloted by Heero Yuy.