The OZ-10VMSX-2 Gundam Burnlapius (also known as the Prometheus Gundam in the Tokyopop version) is a mobile suit that appeared in the novel New Mobile Report Gundam Wing Dual Story: G-Unit. It was piloted by Kratz Silvy.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Based off the OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapius, the Burnlapius was designed to be a heavy assault Mobile suit capable of transforming into a stronger "Close Combat" mobile armor mode. The unit has a copy of the PX system, and its armaments have been substantially upgraded compared to the OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapius. The backpack allows for a close combat mode where the backpack is mounted onto the head and the Golem Claws over the shoulders mount on top of the hands like a pair of gloves. Long range weaponry for this unit comes in the form of the Assault Bayonet, and the Rapid Shot cannons contained within.
- Assault Bayonet
- The Assault Bayonet is a blade that mounts over the arm of the unit, much like the Beam Gatling Gun of the XXXG-01H Gundam Heavyarms.
- Rapid Shot
- A pair of rapid fire cannons mounted inside the Assault Bayonet on the top side near the hilt of the blade.
- Golem Claw
- A pair of claws that are either mounted on the back of the Burnlapius in Normal Mode or connected to the unit's arms in Close Combat mode. Unlike its sister suit, the OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapius, the Golem Claws are able to extend to a longer melee range very similar to the Dragon Fangs of the XXXG-01S Shenlong Gundam and XXXG-01S2 Altron Gundam.
- EMF Shield
- A defensive armament, similar to the OZ-02MD Virgo's Planet Defensors, the EMF shield emits an magnetic anti-field that can block both projectile and beam shots.
Special Equipment & Features
- The PX System takes advantage of the increased adrenaline a pilot feels during combat and also increases the performance of the mobile suit, but does have a time limit which, if exceeded, has serious consequences for both the pilot and the suit.
- High-Torque Thruster
- Mobile Armor Transformation
Developed from the design of the OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapius, the Burnlapius was intended to be fielded against MO-V and their G-UNITs. A vastly superior machine in many respects, the Burnlapius even had a version of the PX System inside that would respond to the pilot Kratz Silvy. However, in its second sortie the PX System overloaded after being pushed past normal operating limits despite the warnings of his opponent who was aware of the dangers of its overuse. The Burnlapius exploded from the overload, and Kratz did not survive the resulting explosion.
Notes & Trivia
OZ-06MS Leo | OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapius | OZ-19MASX Gundam Griepe | OZX-GU01A Gundam Geminass 01 | OZX-GU01LOB Gundam L.O. Booster | OZX-GU02A Gundam Geminass 02
|Organization of the Zodiac / OZ Prize|
EWAC Leo | OZ-06MS-SN3 Leo-N | OZ-06MS-SR2 Leo-R | OZ-06MS-SS1 Leo-S | OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapius | OZ-10VMSX-2 Gundam Burnlapius | OZ-12SMS Taurus | OZ-13MSX1B-S Vayeate Suivant | OZ-13MSX2B-S Mercurius Suivant | OZ-15AGX Hydra Gundam | OZ-19MASX Gundam Griepe
Bulge | Grand Chariot
|United Earth Sphere Alliance|
OZ-13MS Gundam Epyon
WF-02MD Virgo II
XXXG-01S Shenlong Gundam | XXXG-01W Wing Gundam