The OZX-GU01A Gundam Geminass 01 is a mobile suit that appears in the novel New Mobile Report Gundam Wing Dual Story: G-Unit. Being the first of MO-V's G-Units, the Geminass is a general purpose MS intended to show off the basic traits of the G-UNIT series. Geminass 01 was painted white and blue with red details and piloted by MO-V's Odin Bernett, who declared his machine a Gundam after hearing that the five rebels on Earth were also using Gundams to fight for the sake of their home colonies.
Technology & Combat CharacteristicsEdit
The Geminass suits were the first of Dr. Berg's experimental G-UNIT mobile suits, based loosely on the original OZ-00MS Tallgeese design. In its basic configuration, it is a capable ground combat mobile suit armed with beam swords and an accelerate rifle. Though many environmental adaptation modules were planned, the only one produced in time was the B-UNIT, which gave the Geminass space mobility thrusters on its shoulders, legs, and backpack. These two Gundams (or G-UNITs) are modular in construction, allowing them to change nearly every part to adapt to specific environments. Aside from the modular design, the G-UNITs also feature another new innovative feature: the PX System. The PX System takes advantage of the increased adrenaline a pilot feels during combat and also increases the performance of the mobile suit. However, the system has a time limit which if passed has serious consequences for both the pilot and the suit. In addition to these features, the Geminass can also be equipped with a space unit for increased mobility and allowing it to maneuver and fight in exo-atmospheric conditions.
- Beam Sword
- The Gundam Geminass 01 is equipped with two beam swords stored in backpack recharge racks. The principle of these close combat weapons is energy being focused into a beam with a sword shape, and used to melt and cut through even the toughest armor.
- G-UNIT Shield
- A basic optional arm-mounted defense armament for many mobile suits. The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit.
- Accelerate Rifle
- A handheld beam weapon, which can fire regular shots or charge up a "Hyper Shot" thanks to the particle accelerator lining its barrel.
- Laser Communication System
- A.I.-Equipped Fire Control System
- 3D Mostronics
- Mass Reaction Search System
- The PX System takes advantage of the increased adrenaline a pilot feels during combat and also increases the performance of the mobile suit, but does have a time limit which, if exceeded, has serious consequences for both the pilot and the suit.
- Space Unit
- High Mobility Unit
In AC 195, five teenaged boys use Gundam mobile suits to wage a guerilla war against OZ and their oppression of the space colonies. Far removed from this conflict, new Gundam type mobile suits are being secretly constructed at the mobile suit factory asteroid MO-V. Developed by Dr. Berg, the OZX-GU01A Gundam Geminass 01 and OZX-GU02A Gundam Geminass 02 represent a change in mobile design philosophy. The Geminass 01 is assigned to rookie pilot Odin Bernett, who is at first unable to use the PX system but gains mastery of it over time. Later, the Geminass 01 is upgraded to the more powerful OZX-GU01LOB Gundam L.O. Booster and eventually passed over to former OZ Prize pilot Roche Nattono.
In Gundam EX A, Leos Alloy use Gundam Geminass equipped with High Mobility Unit and engage in battle against Heero Yuy's XXXG-01W Wing Gundam to collect his combat data. However Leos end up using the Geminass to shield the Wing Gundam from Extreme Gundam Carnage Phase's attack and has to dive out from the world of After Colony.
Notes & TriviaEdit
- Following Oz naming tradition, the Geminass units were named after the third Zodiac sign, "Gemini". The sign represents a pair of twins, which in turn represents the two identical mobile suits.
- Despite having a terrestrial design, the Geminass units never appear in their default formation, only appearing wearing their space configurations.
- The two Geminass units and their color schemes are possible meant to be an homage to the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II, with unit 01 representing the AEUG version.
OZ-06MS Leo | OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapius | OZ-19MASX Gundam Griepe | OZX-GU01A Gundam Geminass 01 | OZX-GU01LOB Gundam L.O. Booster | OZX-GU02A Gundam Geminass 02
|Organization of the Zodiac / OZ Prize|
EWAC Leo | OZ-06MS-SN3 Leo-N | OZ-06MS-SR2 Leo-R | OZ-06MS-SS1 Leo-S | OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapius | OZ-10VMSX-2 Gundam Burnlapius | OZ-12SMS Taurus | OZ-13MSX1B-S Vayeate Suivant | OZ-13MSX2B-S Mercurius Suivant | OZ-15AGX Hydra Gundam | OZ-19MASX Gundam Griepe
Bulge | Grand Chariot
|United Earth Sphere Alliance|
OZ-13MS Gundam Epyon
WF-02MD Virgo II
XXXG-01S Shenlong Gundam | XXXG-01W Wing Gundam