Technology & Combat Characteristics
The ovm-e Dorado is the mass production successor of the ovv-f Gafran. Due to its different operating parameters, its long distance flight mode has been omitted and instead the suit has heightened mobility for under gravity use. There are customized commander variants with their general performance and weapons slightly different than the regular type.
In terms of armaments, the Dorado is highly similar to the Gafran and possesses a pair of hand mounted beam vulcan/sabers, a chest mounted diffuse beam cannon, and a tail mounted beam rifle. For defense the Dorado features an improved version of the electromagnetic armor. Specifically the arms of the mobile suit appear to be capable of generating an electromagnetic shield to block beam weapons.
The mobility of the unit has been substantially improved over the older Gafran. With the lack of wings and with the legs' new design, the Dorado is capable of high speed running under gravity, is highly agile, and its arms have a greater range of motion, all of which make the Dorado more formidable at melee combat than the Gafran.
- Beam Rifle
- Serves as the Dorado's tail. The beam rifle can be held over or under the right shoulder when in use. It is a powerful long-range weapon that can destroy a mobile suit with one shot.
- Beam Vulcan/Beam Saber
- Mounted on both hands. Fairly effective at damaging or destroying most human made creations. They also possess the ability to generate a beam saber.
- Diffuse Beam Cannon
- Mounted in the torso. Generates a very wide beam, ideal for eliminating difficult enemies that stand before the Dorado.
- 3-Linked Beam Vulcan
- Forearm-mounted weapons, similar in design to a shield, and armed with three built-in beam vulcans.
- 3-tube Missile Pod
- Forearm-mounted weapons, similar in design to a shield, and armed with a built-in 3-tube missile pod.
The ovm-e Dorado is a Vagan mobile suit in full mass production by the year A.G. 140, replacing the older ovv-f Gafran and ovv-a Baqto. It is first introduced during the second phase of Operation Eden on a mission to draw out the Gundam. The Dorado performed well against the less advanced mobile suits of the Earth Federation such as the RGE-C350 Shaldoll Custom and RGE-B890 Genoace II. The Dorado is used throughout the following conflict as the Vagan frontline unit.
Even in A.G. 164, the Dorado is still deployed by the Vagan during their assault on Earth, despite being replaced by the more advanced ovv-af Danazine.
- ↑ HG 1/144 xvv-xcr Zedas R manual
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 HG 1/144 ovm-e Dorado manual
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Hobby Japan Monthly, Hobby Japan, May 2012, JAN 4910081270529.
|Gundam Age: Memories of Sid Mechanics|
AGE-2DH Gundam AGE-2 Dark Hound | BMS-003 Shaldoll Rogue | BMS-004 G-Exes Jackedge | BMS-005 G-Xiphos
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
AGE-2 Gundam AGE-2 Normal | RGE-B890 Genoace II | RGE-C350 Shaldoll Custom | RGE-G1100 Adele
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
ovm-e Dorado | ovv-a Baqto | ovv-f Gafran