Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Baqto is a heavy type UE in the same class as the ovv-f Gafran. It is heavily armored, giving it excellent defense. It is the first Vagan MS to adopt Electromagnetic Armor, which would become standard on Vagan machines in the A.G. 140s. The Baqto's Electromagnetic Armor is strong enough to withstand a blast from the Gundam AGE-1 Normal's DODS Rifle at close range, resulting in the dispersal of the beam. Developed for close-range combat, its power surpasses other machines. It can transform into a flight form similar to the Gafran's dragon mode.
The combination of the Baqto's thick armor, its high physical strength, and advanced UE weaponry makes this unit highly formidable in both long and close range combat. However, its heavy armor comes at the cost of its mobility. It has trouble maintaining its footing on soft uneven terrain, and lighter mobile suits like the RGE-B790 Genoace, can maneuver around it easily.
- Beam Rifle
- Serves as the Baqto's tail when transformed. Its beam rifle can be held over or under the right shoulder when in use, it is a powerful long-range weapon that can destroy a mobile suit with one shot.
- Beam Spikes
- The Baqto, like the Gaftan, has a diffuse beam cannon-like weapon called Beam Spikes in the chest. It is composed of 5 emitters arranged in a star-like pattern and possesses a wider spread. It is also able to produce a short beam blade from each emitter. However, these Beam Spikes have no effect on AGE-1T Gundam AGE-1 Titus, due to its powerful defenses.
- Beam Vulcan/Beam Saber
- Mounted on each hand. Fairly effective at damaging or destroying most human made creations. Also possesses a beam saber mode.
One Baqto appeared in the Fardain colony in A.G. 115, while Flit Asuno was trying to use the Gundam to stop a skirmish between warring factions in the colony. Flit, cautious about using the DODS rifle in the colony waited until the Baqto was at close range. But even at short range, the Baqto's armor proved to be too powerful and dispersed the beam, causing minor damage to the colony's city. As Flit attempted to engage at close range, with a melee attack, the Baqto seemed to disappear, right before Zalam's troops re-appeared to arrest Flit for damaging the colony.
A Baqto (possibly the same one) was seen a short while later with two escorting Gafran. While the Gafran engaged Zalam and Euba mobile suits the Baqto targeted a jeep carrying Vargas, Grodek Ainoa, and a bunch of children. This unit was stalled by Largan in his Genoace until Flit destroyed it with the AGE-1T Gundam AGE-1 Titus.
The Baqto was deployed by the Vagan forces for decades to come, despite being outdated by A.G. 141.
- ↑ January 25. 2012 Sunrise · MBS SOTSU . Official Mobile Suit Gundam AGE site "MS Baqto "
- ↑ (January 29, 2012) Ken Otsuka, Twitter.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Baqto" Assembly Instruction Manual, 1/144 scale HG Gundam AGE, No.08, Bandai, (2011)
- ↑ Hobby Japan Monthly, Hobby Japan, January 2012, JAN 4910081270123.
- ↑ It seen being used as a normal beam cannon in Episode 8 A Deadly United Front