PF-78-1 Perfect Gundam
|Developed from||RX-78-2 Gundam|
|First Seen||0079 U.C.|
|Last Seen||0079 U.C.|
|Manufacturer||Earth Federation Forces|
|Operator||Earth Federation Forces|
|Known Pilots||Shiro Kyoda|
|Power-plant||Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only (in standard cockpit in torso with Core Block System using FF-X7 Core Fighter)|
|Armor||Luna Titanium Alloy|
The PF-78-1 Perfect Gundam is the variation of the titular mobile suit of Mobile Suit Gundam, the RX-78-2 Gundam. Designed by Kunio Okawara and later by Hajime Katoki for the Gundam Fix Figuration version, it played a prominent part in the manga Plamo-Kyoshiro, and later became part of the original design series Mobile Suit Variations (MSV).
Technology & Combat Characteristics
- 60mm Vulcan Cannons
- Beam Sabers
- 2-barrel Hand Beam Gun
- The Perfect Gundam is equipped with a new 2-barrel hand beam gun, which can be used to shoot down enemies from afar. The weapon is the upgrade to the RX-78-2's standard beam rifle and its power output can be adjusted when necessary.
- 360mm Rocket Gun
- Mounted on the back, it's a powerful artillery piece that can destroy a spaceship with one shot.
- RX-M-SH-008/S-01025 Shield
Special Equipment & Features
- Learning Computer System
- Learning Computer which would collect pilot and enemy data during skirmishes and allow the Gundam to operate more effectively.
- Re-entry Coolant System
- Re-entry Coolant System is used for only emergencies when the Gundam is falling to Earth and has no chance of reaching its carrier. The coolant system acts as a large heat-resistant film which lowers the Gundam's temperature when descending to Earth.
- The initial idea of the Core Fighter was as a form of escape if the Gundam were to be destroyed, allowing the irreplaceable data collected by the learning computer and the pilot to escape from a replaceable machine.
- Armor Purge System
- This is the new feature that's implemented to the Perfect Gundam. When the unit has run out of ammunition, the unit can remove its armor, reverting it back into the RX-78-2 Gundam to increase its combat skills and mobility.
- G-Fighter Docking Hardpoints
- Special hardpoints that allow the G-Fighter to dock with the Perfect Gundam.
First appeared in manga Plamo Kyo-shiro, the first non-UC Gundam, in other media. It is a special armor plamo-kit build by the protagonist of the story, Shiro Kyoda. The name Perfect Gundam was given because Shiro modified it to use against his rival's MSN-02 Perfect Zeong.
Notes & Trivia
- The Perfect Gundam can be the inspiration to the GAT-X102 Duel Gundam Assault Shroud from Gundam SEED.
- The Perfect Gundam is an unlockable unit in the mecha action video game Another Century's Episode 3: The Final for the PlayStation 2. Though the unit has the distinctive difference that the massive cannon on the backpack is changed for a high-pressured water gun, the reasons for this change are unknown.