Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The PMX-000 Messala is a transformable mobile armor from the series Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. It is also the first fully transformable mobile weapon seen on screen in the entire Gundam metaverse history.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Messala was the first of five mobile weapons personally produced by the powerful Newtype Paptimus Scirocco on board the transport ship Jupitris. Originally the Messala was used to fly in the atmosphere of Jupiter and thus it was equipped with powerful thrusters to fly under Jupiter’s high gravitational pull. Because of this, when used under Earth’s atmosphere, the Messala was extremely fast and agile. However, it was also heavily armed. In mobile armor mode, it featured a pair of strong mega particle cannons and two missile launchers, making the Messala nearly as powerfully armed as a space battleship. In mobile suit mode, Scirocco’s suit was additionally armed with grenade launchers and Vulcan guns, and for close combat two beam sabers and two grappling vice claws. Thanks to these weapons, the Messala was a deadly enemy in close combat.
- Beam Saber
- The Messala has 2 beam sabers stored in each of its wrists.
- Mega Particle Gun
- Each of the large back binders house, along with the majority of the Messala's thrusters, a mega particle gun of considerable power.
- 9-tube Missile Pod
- Inside each of the Messala's shoulders are built-in 9-tube missile launchers. They are unobstructed in both of the Messala's forms.
- Claw Arm
- Attached to each of the wrists of the Messala are claw arms that act as the the Messala's second wrists. They contain numerous weapons such a vice claw, grenade launcher and Vulcans.
- Vice Claw
- A three-fingered vice claw, which is a formidable melee weapon in the Messala's arsenal. It needs to be opened to fire the grenade launcher.
- Grenade Launcher
- Inside each of the claw arms is a 3-round grenade launcher, the claw has to open for the grenade to be able to fire.
- Vulcan Gun
- On the sides of the each of the Messala's claw arms there are two fire-linked vulcans, these are likely used against missiles or other lightly armored targets.
The Messala was first introduced when Scirocco used it to attack the shuttle Temptation under the command of Bright Noa. During this attack it also had a short battle with the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II, piloted by Kamille Bidan, the MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki, piloted by Quattro Bajeena, and also against Emma Sheen in her RMS-099 Rick Dias. During this battle, it proved to be a dangerous enemy and the three AEUG pilots weren’t able to hit it due to its incredible speed. Scirocco would use Messala a second time acting as a vanguard for the Titans' fleet during the AEUG's orbital drop operation to attack Jaburo. With the speed and power of the Messala, Scirocco was able to destroy a number of the AEUG's Salamis Kai-class cruisers.
Later the Messala was piloted by young Scirocco follower Sarah Zabiarov and Reccoa Londe, who at that point had betrayed the AEUG to fight for Scirocco. Towards the end of the Gryps conflict, with Scirocco piloting The O, Sarah piloting the Bolinoak Sammahn and Reccoa piloting the Pallas Athene, the Messala was left without any capable pilots, forcing it to sit the final battle of Gryps 2 out. It is unknown what ultimately became of the Messala, as it was never seen again after the Titan forces were wiped out and Scirocco was killed in battle.
Notes & Trivia
- The Messala is the first transformable MS to appear onscreen in a Gundam anime.