Technology & Combat Characteristics
The third mobile suit built by Paptimus Scirocco aboard the Jupitris, the Bolinoak Sammahn was a mobile suit designed as a seek-and-destroy unit. Because of this, it only had limited armament but was equipped with powerful sensor systems in both its head and forearms. The only fixed armament of the suit were two 3-tube rocket launchers, which were mounted in the shoulders of the Bolinoak Sammahn. Additional weaponry consisted of a single shield, which mounts beam sabers/beam tomahawk/beam guns and a 2-finger pincer/grappling unit.
- 3-tube Rocket Launcher
- Mounted in the shoulders of the Bolinoak Sammahn are a pair of 3-tube rocket launchers.
- For defense, the Bolinoak Sammahn mounts a single shield on its right arm.
- 2-finger Pincer/Grappling Unit
- Lastly, the shield mounts a 2-finger pincer/grappling unit at the front part.
- Beam Saber/Beam Tomahawk
- This shield also includes an additional two beam sabers, power rated at 0.42 MW each, which also serve as beam tomahawks when hand carried.
- Beam Guns
- These beam sabers also double as beam guns while stored in the recharge racks at the front part of the shield. When stored like this their power is rated at 0.53 MW each.
Special Equipment & Features
- Surveillance System Radome
- Mounted in the Bolinoak Sammahn's head is a surveillance system radome.
- Surveillance Sensor Systems
- Mounted in the forearms of the Bolinoak Sammahn are a pair of surveillance sensor systems.
The Bolinoak Sammahn was fielded in the last days of the Gryps Conflict, during which it was piloted by young Sarah Zabiarov. Sarah used the suit in the battle at Gate of Zedan and the battles against Axis, during which the Bolinoak Sammahn is damaged by Haman Karn's AMX-004 Qubeley. The Bolinoak Sammahn is finally destroyed when Katz Kobayashi tries to kill Scirocco only for Sarah to take the blast, killing her in the process.
Notes & Trivia
- Due to its odd (and oftentimes hard to pronounce) name along with its bear-like appearance, many Japanese fans give the Bolinoak Sammahn a similar-sounding moniker "Mori No Kuma-san" (forest bear).
- In the game Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam, Bolinoak Sammahn's lock-on point includes enemy analysis data, such as ammo count.
- It later returns in Gundam Vs Gundam NEXT Plus as an assist for PMX-003 The O. It instead shows the boost gauge for every unit present, both allies and enemies alike.
- In the game Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam, the Bolinoak Sammahn's EFSF/AEUG colors are gold, resembling the Hyaku Shiki. This comparison goes further in Universal Century Timeline Mode, where Quattro Bajeena unlocks the Bolinoak Sammahn in these colors as a playable unit.