The Psycho-Frame is a technology that builds on the brainwave-to-machine code translator known as Psycommu into the atom-level of the metal frame of a Mobile Suit. This allows a Newtype pilot to control the mobile suit as if it were his/her own body with limitations. Traditional psycommu systems require a large subsystem, and are typically mounted on larger Mobile armor platforms. With the development of the psycho-frame, it became possible to install a psycommu system into a smaller mobile suit.
The psycho-frame technology was developed by Neo Zeon and its main developer was Nanai Miguel . One of the first mobile suits equipped with the psycho-frame was the Neo Zeon's MSN-04 Sazabi, built for Char Aznable by Anaheim Electronics. Hoping for a conclusive battle with his long-time rival, Amuro Ray of Londo Bell, Char secretly allowed the psycho-frame technology to be leaked to the RX-93 Nu Gundam production team at Anaheim Electronics in Von Braun. Since then, research and development had supposedly been discontinued at Granada due to "too many unknowns" regarding the technology.
However, application of the psycho-frame technology was continued by the Federation under the UC Project. This culminated in the first mobile suit to have psycho-frame distributed throughout the frame, the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam.
The psycho-frame absorbing the intense emotions of the mobile suit pilots and the Earth's inhabitants is often listed as the explanation for the mysterious power that prevented the large asteroid base, Axis, from dropping to Earth. In the Gundam Unicorn novels, this phenomenon is dubbed "Psycho-field", and occurs when two psycho-frames come into close proximity to one another. This contact creates a unique spacial phase around an area of space, in which human consciousness is capable of manifesting as physical phenomena. The "Psycho-field" is a phenomenon that deviates from the laws of physics, and within this space, it is possible for things like "another person's emotions," to be directly felt. This same field is shown to be able to physically manifest, as shown in the case of the Unicorn Gundam when crystals begin forming on its body.
- RX-93 ν Gundam/RX-93 ν Gundam Double Fin Funnel Type/FA-93HWS ν Gundam Heavy Weapons System Type/FA-93S Full Armor ν Gundam
- RX-93-ν2 Hi-ν Gundam/FA-93-ν2HWS Hi-ν Gundam Heavy Weapons System Type
- RX-0 Unicorn Gundam/RX-0 Full Armor Unicorn Gundam/RX-0 Full Armor Unicorn Gundam Plan B
- RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee/RX-0(N) Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee Norn
- RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex
- CAMS-RX0 G-Phenex
- MSN-03 Jagd Doga
- MSN-03-2 Psyco Geara Doga
- MSN-04 Sazabi
- MSN-04II Nightingale
- MSN-06S Sinanju Stein/MSN-06S-2 Sinanju Stein
- MSN-06S Sinanju/NZ-999 Neo Zeong
- AMX-107R Rebawoo
- NZ-666 Kshatriya/NZ-666 Kshatriya Besserung/NZ-666 Kshatriya Repaired
- AMA-X7 Shamblo
- YAMS-132 Rozen Zulu
- MSK-008 Dijeh (Char Aznable Custom)
- RX-9 Narrative Gundam