Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The RAS-96 Anksha is a mass-production transformable mobile suit that appears in Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The RAS-96 Anksha was developed as the successor to the NRX-044 Asshimar, but shares many interior components with the RGM-89 Jegan, and this allows its production cost to be reduced. Just like the Asshimar, the Anksha is capable of high-altitude atmospheric flight without the help of a sub-flight system while in its mobile armor mode. With the application of magnetic-coating technology on the unit's joints and large moving parts, the Anksha can transform between mobile suit and mobile armor modes in a matter of seconds.
Unlike the Asshimar and more like Federation suits of the era, the Anksha abandons its predecessor's mono-eye sensor in favor of the typical compound sensor unit as seen on the Jegan and RGZ-95 ReZEL. It is equipped with internal differential pressure sensors and air traffic control radar. Further enhancements made to the Anksha from the Asshimar's original design include a larger number of flight-surfaces, increasing the unit's maneuverability (especially while operating high in the atmosphere). Interestingly, the suit also incorporated technology from ORX-005 Gaplant in the form of the arm-mounted movable shield binders which also contain the suit's beam rifles. The Anksha can serve as a sub-flight system for other mobile suits in the same fashion as a Base Jabber.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A standard armament of Federation mobile suits. These head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. These weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
- Beam Rifle
- The Anksha's beam rifles are integrated into the arm-mounted movable shield binders and directly connected to the suit's generator, improving their output.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-Field and is capable of cutting through almost any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. The Anksha is equipped with two beam sabers stored in the knees.
Special Equipment & Features
- Movable Shield Binder
- Derived from the equipment of the same name on the Gaplant, these arm-mounted binders help to enhance the suit's aerial mobility while in MA mode.
In UC 0096, Ankshas were produced by Anaheim Electronics and used by the Earth Federation Forces. A few Anksha units were stationed aboard the Garuda-class carrier Garuda during the Laplace Conflict in UC 0096. These Anksha units were deployed when the Garencieres attacked the Garuda. Some of the Ankshas supported the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee and attacked the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam, while the others attacked the Garencieres in an attempt to destroy the Zeon freighter. Most of the Anksha units deployed by the Garuda were damaged or destroyed after the battle.
Notes & Trivia
- Despite being based on the Asshimar, a Titan mobile suit, its leg units are very close in resemblance to those of the MSZ-008 ZII, an A.E.U.G. mobile suit.