|Developed from||NRX-044 Asshimar|
|First Seen||0096 U.C.|
|Manufacturer||Earth Federation Forces|
|Operator||Earth Federation Forces|
|Known Pilots||Maios Hoden|
|Head Height||22.0 meters72.178 ft |
|Standard Weight||28.3 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor|
|Power Output||2200 kW2,950.248 hp|
|Sensor Range||14200 meters46,587.927 ft|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only (in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso)|
|Max Acceleration||0.14 G|
|Rocket Thrusters||79600 kg175,487.911 lb |
The RAS-96 Anksha is a mass-production transformable mobile suit that appears in the novel and OVA adaptation Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The RAS-96 Anksha was developed as the successor to the NRX-044 Asshimar, but utilizes many of the same technologies as the RGM-89 Jegan. Just like the Asshimar, the Anksha is capable of high-altitude atmospheric flight without the help of a sub-flight system while in its mobile armor mode. With the application of magnetic-coating technology on the unit's joints and large moving parts, the Anksha can transform between mobile suit and mobile armor modes in a matter of seconds.
The Anksha sports very thick armor and as a result can withstand fire from most mobile suit-based weaponry, save for high-powered beam weapons. Unlike the the Asshimar and more like Federation suits of the era, the Anksha abandons its predecessor's mono-eye sensor in favor of the typical compound sensor unit as seen on the Jegan. It is equipped with internal differential pressure sensors and air traffic control radar.
Further enhancements made to the Anksha from the Asshimar's original design include a larger number of flight-surfaces, increasing the unit's maneuverability (especially while operating high in the atmosphere), as well as the inclusion of the unit's main beam guns into its body as to minimize transformation time between modes. The Anksha can serve as a sub-flight system for other mobile suits in the same fashion as a Base Jabber.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A standard armament of Federation mobile suits. These head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. These weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
- Beam Gun
- The Anksha's beam gun is integrated into the unit's binders and directly connected to the generator.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-Field and is capable of cutting through almost any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. The Anksha is equipped with two beam sabers mounted in the knees.
In UC 0096, Ankshas were produced and used by the Earth Federation. A few Anksha units were stationed aboard the Garuda-class carrier Garuda during the Laplace Conflict in UC 0096. These Anksha units were deployed when the Garencieres attacked the Garuda. Some of the Ankshas supported the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 02 "Banshee" and attacked the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam, while the others attacked the Garencieres in an attempt to destroy the Zeon freighter. Most of the Anksha units deployed by the Garuda were damaged or destroyed after the battle.
- While the Anksha is in its transformed mode, its design bears close resemblence to both the Asshimar and the Abyss Gundam. This may be because the Anksha was developed from the Asshimar, and the Abyss Gundam was designed as a 'tribute' to the Asshimar.
- Despite being based on the Asshimar, its leg units are very close resemblence to the MSZ-008 ZII and ít head design is quite resembling to the RGZ-95 ReZEL.