Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Shaldoll Scout is a special operations machine developed by the "Vagan Detection Technology Development Committee", commonly known as "TARAC (Target Acqui-sition)", which was established to counter the threat of Vagan's Invisible Umbrella stealth system. Although Federation Forces were quickly developing means to deal with the Invisible Umbrella starting with the Gundam AGE-2 Artimes, they continued to suffer severe losses before Vagan sneak attacks. A small number of Shaldoll Scout units are meant to enter areas where the presence of enemy forces is anticipated and collect data while conducting combat. The reconnaissance force is intended to withdraw rapidly upon completion of the mission. It is equipped with thicker armor and more powerful thrusters than the standard Shaldoll for higher survivability. It is armed with special equipment suitable for disrupting enemy forces.
- 4-Tube Missile Launcher
- A 4-tube missile launcher mounted on the left shoulder.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range combat armament for most Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a sword-like beam weapon that is used for close combat. It can easily cut through most mobile suits.
- Combat Rifle
- The primary weapon of the Shaldoll Scout. The Shaldoll Scout's combat rifle that uses live ammunition as opposed to beams. The rifle adopts special low heat rounds in order to prevent detection by infrared sensors.
- Multi-Purpose Launcher
- The right shoulder mounted multi-purpose Launcher that can be loaded with rounds that release a polymer to disrupt enemy sensors.
- The Shaldoll Scout's basic defensive armament. It is a fairly standard shield usually mounted on the left forearm.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 "Dengeki Hobby Magazine", November, Ascii Media Works, 2012, JAN 4910164651122