Technology & Combat Characteristics
The RGM-122 Javelin Early Type was the early production model of the mass-produced mobile suit RGM-122 Javelin. The unit was built in the same production line of RGM-119 Jamesgun in Anaheim Electronics. Therefore, it can use a few parts shared by RGM-119 Jamesgun. The unit was called 'Javelin' as it used the Shot Lancer (Javelin unit) which was derived from the Crossbone Vanguard's mobile suits as the standard armaments.
- Vulcan Gun
- Standard armament for Earth Federation mobile suits is a pair of defensive Vulcan guns mounted in the mobile suit's head. These Vulcans are used to intercept missiles and to destroy light vehicles. They typically have little effect on a mobile suit's heaver armor.
- Shot Lancer
- The backpack mounted shot lancer is another weapon derived from the Crossbone Vanguard that became standard equipment on the Javelin. It is a close range weapon designed to impale enemy mobile suits.
- Beam Shield
- The Javelin's left arm is equipped with the highly successful beam shield technology introduced during the invasion of the Crossbone Vanguard. A new protective device used by the mobile suits of the U.C. 0120 era. Thanks to their increased generator output, the scaled-down mobile suits of this era are able to use beam technology for defensive purposes. Unlike an I-field generator, which is effective only against beam attacks, the beam shield blocks both beam and projectile weapons. The beam shield generates a plane of energy similar to the blade of a beam saber. This plane is divided into multiple sections, which can be turned on or off as needed to conserve energy. Individual sections are also automatically deactivated whenever they're in danger of coming into contact with the mobile suit itself.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. The Javelin Early Type is equipped with two beam sabers.
- Beam Rifle
- The Javelin Early Type uses a standard beam rifle for combat that is powered by the latest in rechargeable energy cap technology.