Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The RGM-79F Land Combat Type GM is a variation of the RGM-79 GM. It first appeared as a part of Kunio Okawara's Missing Mobile Suit Variations.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Similar to the Principality of Zeon's versatile MS-06 Zaku II, the Earth Federation made many mission specific variants of the mass-produced GM. Although its "cousin" the RGM-79［G］ GM Ground Type was being deployed in Southeast Asia, the Land Combat Type GM was also made for ground combat. However, this version was given thicker upper body armor to withstand damage from large trees and buildings. The armor could also better withstand fire from a Zaku machine gun.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- Mounted in the head, these shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. The weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small land vehicles, and attack helicopters.
- Beam Saber
- The Beam Saber emits high-energy Minovsky particles to form a blade-shaped I-field (via manipulation of electromagnetic fields), and then fills this I-field shell with superheated Minovsky particle plasma to produce an effective cutting blade. The termination of the I-field along a solid contact surface allows the plasma to eat away at the offending material until the I-field reestablishes itself, allowing the weapon to "cut" through almost any target. The Land Combat Type GM is equipped with one beam saber stored in a backpack recharge rack.
- Instead of a Bazooka, the Land Combat Type GM mounts a Railcannon. It can tear through most armor, regardless how durable they are. It's a weapon which uses electromagnetic forces, rather than gunpowder, to fire solid projectiles at very high velocities.
- Beam Spray Gun
- The beam spray gun was essentially the Gundam's beam rifle in a smaller weaker form. The beam spray gun has a smaller focusing coil which results in a less powerful, and a more scattered shot. As a result of this the beam spray gun is less effective at long range, but is better at close range due to a more spread out shot, similar to a shotgun effect. The Land Combat Type GM carries a custom beam spray gun, which is powered by a rechargeable energy cap.
- NF GMG-Type.37/100mm Machine Gun
- The standard armament for Federation mobile suit ground forces, the Type 37 is an open-bolt, gas-operated, magazine-fed, mobile suit handheld machine gun. It fires a 100x450 millimeter round at a rate of 500 rounds per minute and is loaded with a 20-round box magazine. Features include a folding stock and swivel forward hand grip. Accuracy is limited due to the aiming from regular iron sights and not a targeting sensor. Maximum effective range of 1.5 kilometers.
- Small Shield
- A shield mounted on the forearm, the shield is extremely small in comparison to other mobile suits of the era, because of it's small size the shield is extremely maneuverable and effective in close combat.
- FADEGEL RGM-M-Sh-003 Shield
- Beside the small shield, the Land Combat Type GM is capable of mounting on either of its forearms the standard shield used by RGM-79 GM. The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit. Since the introduction of beam weaponry, shields have been treated with an anti-beam coating allowing it to withstand several beam shots before the coating wears off. Typically physical shields can only take so much damage before they succumb to the pressure and break.
The Land Combat Type GM was mostly deployed in the heavily forested Eastern Europe region. It's development would later be the direct basis for the RGM-79F Desert GM (though the two units oddly share the same model number) and RGM-79FP GM Striker.