Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The RGM-79K9 GM Sniper K9 is a custom mobile suit from the Gundam Build Fighters anime series. Based on the RGM-79SP GM Sniper II, the Gunpla is built by Julio Renato and Mario Renato and primarily piloted by Julio.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Based on the RGM-79SP GM Sniper II from the Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket, the GM Sniper K9 has additional armor and is normally armed with two beam sabers, two different beam sniper rifles, two beam guns and a heat knife. It can also be equipped with an additional shield and machine gun. Despite the name, the GM Sniper K9, like its predecessor, is not just limited to carrying out sniper attacks, it can also be easily used in other forms of combat. A special feature of the suit is that its backpack can detach and transform into the K9 Dog Pack, a four-legged support unit that can mount a sniper rifle as its head and act as a long range self-propelled artillery. The K9 Dog Pack also carries an APC for covert operations. The suit is also equipped with the EXAM System.
- Beam Sniper Rifle
- A custom large beam sniper rifle with a caliber size of 200mm, the stock can be folded and mounted directly onto the K9 Dog Pack without the use of additional parts.
- Sniper Rifle
- A slightly modified version of GM Sniper II's sniper rifle, it now functions as a beam weapon instead of a solid-projectile weapon. It serves as the GM Sniper K9's main weapon when the K9 Dog pack is deployed with the beam sniper rifle.
- Beam Gun
- The GM Sniper K9 carries two pistol-sized beam guns that are stored in holsters mounted on the hips. The beam guns have a caliber size of 20mm and fire weak but rapid beam shots.
- Beam Saber
- The GM Sniper K9 is equipped with two beam sabers as one of its close combat weapons. The sabers are stored in a recharge rack located on the rear skirt armor.
- Heat Knife
- A combat knife stored on the right shoulder, its blade is super-heated to cut through the armor of enemy units' easily.
- Bullpup Machine Gun
- A 90mm machine gun, it is the same bullpup machine gun that GM Sniper II uses.
- The same shield as the one used by GM Sniper II.
Special Equipment & Features
- DP-K9 K9 Dog Pack
- The backpack of the GM Sniper K9, it can detached and transform into a four-legged support unit (self-propelled artillery) that can mount the beam sniper rifle as its head. It is also known as "Hound", and despite having articulated joints, during the fight with Meijin, the K9 move around by hovering, possibly due to the urban terrain and stability reasons. Should the GM Sniper K9 be destroyed, the Dog Pack can continue fighting independently.
- The K9 Dog Pack can detach from its rear a hovering APC that carries eight 1/144 Zeon soldier figures, known as the Bloodhound team, for covert operations, such as planting bombs on the enemy Gunpla.
- GM Sniper K9's trump card, the Renato Brothers do not activate it unless necessary. In the original story, it is used to fight against Newtypes by giving normal pilot reaction times comparable to a Newtype's, but in Gunpla Battle, it simply improves the suit's performance. When the system is in use, the head camera will turn red.
The GM Sniper K9 makes its debut in the first round of the Top 16 Battle, piloted by the Renato Brothers. It battles with the Abigorbine, piloted by Luang Dallara. At first the Abigorbine is seen to be in the upper hand in close combat. However when the GM Sniper K9 attacks with its beam guns, the Abigorbine's joints suddenly explode, leaving it defenseless, which lets the GM Sniper K9 destroy it.
During the next battle, the GM Sniper K9 battles against the PPMS-18E Kämpfer Amazing, piloted by Meijin Kawaguchi. By using the K9 dog pack, the GM Sniper K9 was able to pincer attack Kämpfer Amazing and lured his opponent into a trap one after another, eventually forcing the Kämpfer Amazing to retreat and hide in a partially destroyed facility. There, The Hound released the Bloodhound Squad to plant bombs onto the Kämpfer Amazing's joints, then detonating them, expecting Kämpfer to suffer the same fate as Abigorbine. Surprisingly, Kämpfer Amazing managed to survive by pre-applying grease before hand, but despite the counterattack, GM Sniper K9 managed to activate its EXAM system to tilt the balance back to the Brother's favor. As the GM Sniper K9 moves in for the kill, The Kämpfer Amazing fires up its thrusters and reaches out for the right leg weapon container it had dropped before, taking out its 5-barrel Gatling Gun and attacking with it. The GM Sniper K9 is shredded to pieces due to the attack. The Hound makes a last ditch effort to destroy the Kämpfer Amazing, but itself is also destroyed from the Kämpfer Amazing's Beam Rifle attack.
Notes & Trivia
- The battle between GM Sniper K9 and Kämpfer Amazing is possibly a reference to their archetypes' fight in Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket. Both the GM Sniper and GM Sniper K9 were defeated in their battle.
- The name K9 is an abbreviation and homophone of canine such as assistance dog, guard dog and police dog.
- The Bloodhound team is a reference to the M353A4 Bloodhound, an APC fielded by the Earth Federation.
- The K9 Dog Pack's ability to turn into a quadruped form is likely a nod towards the various units of the same nature in Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny, like the BuCUE, LaGOWE, and the Gaia Gundam which also could transform from two legs to four legs.
- Ironically, the Renato brothers made both their BuCUE Tank and K9 Dog Pack move by sliding/hovering instead of typical quadruped mobile suit movement.