Technology & Combat Characteristics
Over the course of the One Year War, the Federation created variations of the GM Sniper Custom to be outfitted for specific roles. The GM Sniper Custom was revamped into several designs, one of them being the RGM-79KC GM Interceptor Custom. The GM Interceptor Custom is designed to intercept the enemy during the battle. The GM Interceptor Custom has the ability to increase its sensor range by equipping itself with targeting sensors in the "face guard" visor over its standard sensors. It is also equipped with the Fellow Booster which increases the GM Interceptor Custom's speed and fire power. The main weaponry of the GM Interceptor Custom was a single beam saber, a beam spray gun, two 60mm vulcan guns and two 6-tube missile launchers from the booster pack.
- Beam Saber
- As with most other EFF mobile suits, the GM Interceptor Custom was armed with a single beam saber for close combat. The beam saber uses Minovsky particles held in place by an I-Field to form an effective cutting surface that can slice through nearly any material. This beam saber could be mounted or fixed on a forearm besides being hand-carried.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A standard armament of the mobile suits that are descended from the Earth Federation Forces's RX series is a pair of head mounted 60mm vulcan guns. These shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. The weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small land vehicles, and attack helicopters.
- BR-M-79C-1 Beam Spray Gun
- The Beam Spray Gun was essentially the Gundam's beam rifle in a smaller weaker form. The beam spray gun has a smaller focusing coil which results in a less powerful, and a more scattered shot. As a result of this the beam spray gun is less effective at long range, but is better at close range due to a more spread out shot, similar to a shotgun effect. While the beam spray gun is less powerful than the beam rifle, it has been shown to be able to penetrate the armor of a Rick Dom - one of the most heavily armored mobile suits of the One Year War.
- 6-tube Missile Launcher
- The GM Interceptor Custom is equipped with two 6-tube missile launchers. The missile launchers are mounted on each side of the Fellow Booster pack.
Special Equipment & Features
- Fellow Booster
- Based on the Corvette Booster atmospheric flight unit, it is similar in concept to the G-Armor. It is a support unit that incorporates large boosters and missile launchers to enhance the mobility and firepower of the GM Interceptor Custom. Thanks to its excellent productivity, an additional 45 units were ordered during the post-war period.
The RGM-79KC GM Interceptor Custom is assign to SCV-71 White Base Jr. It first appeared in the One Year War battling a squad of Zaku IIs and Doms. Ten GM Interceptor Custom units were produced late in the war.