Technology & Combat Characteristics
The GM Custom High Mobility Type is a space-use prototype developed for the purpose of improving mobility in space and featured universal booster pods, leg units, and backpack similar to those equipped on the RX-78GP01-Fb Gundam "Zephyranthes" Full Burnern. Incidentally, evaluation tests of the RX-78GP01 Ground Type's backpack were carried out using the RGM-79C Powered GM.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A standard armament of the Earth Federation Forces' RGM series of mobile suits is a pair of head mounted 60mm vulcan guns. These shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power, however, they are effective at close range and is commonly employed as a deterrence tactic to keep an enemy mobile suit from getting too close. The weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small land vehicles, and attack helicopters
- XB-G-1019H Beam Saber
- The standard armament for melee combat for Earth Federation mobile suits is the beam saber. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-field and is capable of cutting through any metal alloy. The only way to block a beam saber is to counter with another beam saber or to use armor that has been treated with an anti-beam coating. The GM Custom High Mobility Type carries the "Augusta MS series" type, it is mounted in a recharge rack in the backpack behind the right shoulder.
- HFW-GR·MR82-90mm GM Rifle
- The GM Rifle is a simple shell-firing machine gun that is based on older technologies, it has no where near the power of a beam rifle, but it is a weapon that can be cheaply produced and easily maintained. It features different barrel, sensor unit, stock and magazine configurations that allows for different ballistic and handling properties. The ammunition is stored in spare clips that can be replaced when they are used up.
- RGM·M-Sh-ABT/S-00057 Shield
- A basic optional arm-mounted defense armament for many Federation mobile suits. The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit. Since the introduction of beam weaponry, shields have been treated with an anti-beam coating allowing it to withstand several beam shots before the coating wears off. Typically physical shields can only take so much damage before they succumb to the pressure and break.
Several test units were constructed, producing good results during evaluations. However, it failed to reach mass production due to high production costs.