Technology & Combat Characteristics
The GM Sniper Custom was designed for long-range battle by adding a powerful sniper beam rifle to its armament. However due to the high production cost of this variant, less than 50 models were built. The weaponry of the GM Sniper Custom was simple and consisted of only a single beam saber, a beam gun, a sniper beam rifle, and two 4-tube rocket launchers. Due to the high cost of production in the late phase of the One Year War, very few GM Sniper Custom were built as space assault type mobile units. Most of these units were transferred to the Shimoda squadron.
- 4-tube Rocket Launcher
- The GM Sniper Custom (Shimoda Squad Type) is equipped with two 4-tube rocket launcher, one in each shoulder, allowing the suit to fire a rain of missiles upon enemies.
- Beam Gun
- For ranged combat a single beam gun could be used by the suit. This gun could be mounted on one of the storage racks on the legs of the suit and was powered by a rechargeable e-cap.
- Beam Sniper Rifle
- It carries a single beam sniper rifle as its main armament. Like the beam gun, the sniper rifle was powered by a rechargeable e-cap.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- The GM Sniper Custom has a pair of 60mm vulcan guns mounted in its head, which gave pilots backup firepower that was highly effective against aircraft and ground vehicles but woefully inadequate against mobile suits.
- Beam Saber
- As with most other EFF mobile suits, the GM Sniper Custom was armed with a single beam saber for close combat. This beam saber could be mounted fixed on a forearm besides being hand-carried.