Technology & Combat Characteristics
A Jegan variant deployed exclusively by the General Revil, the Jegan Type-A2 (GR) is designed with better overall performance. It has undergone significant renovation, particularly the enhancement of its propulsion system and thus has more thrusters. It uses the same weaponry as the original Jegan, but has a new shield with two 4-tube missile launchers built in.
- Vulcan Gun Pod
- The vulcan gun pod is an optional close-range defensive armaments mounted on the head that is based on the technology of the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II. The vulcan gun is a shell firing weapon with a high-rate of fire but have little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. The vulcan gun is ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
- Hand Grenade
- Three hand grenades are carried in the grenade rack mounted on the left side of the waist. They can be thrown and set to detonate upon impact with the target, or timed to explode after a preset time. They can also be launched directly from the rack, and function like self-propelled homing missiles via their own optical guidance systems.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. The Jegan is equipped with a single beam saber stored in a recharge rack located in the right hip armor. The Jegan's beam saber features a pair of beam emitters which can be adjusted to a high or low-output mode.
- Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of many mobile suits is the beam rifle. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures. The beam rifle carried by the Jegan is a rapid fire, short range type. Sensors built into the rifle provide interface between the weapon and the Jegan's camera sensor.
- A basic arm-mounted defense armament for many Federation mobile suits. The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit. Since the introduction of beam weaponry, shields have been treated with an anti-beam coating allowing it to withstand several beam shots before the coating wears off. Typically physical shields can only take so much damage before they succumb to the pressure and break. The Jegan Type A2's shield has two 4-tube small missile launchers built in, an improvement over the original Jegan's shield which had only two 2-tube small missile launcher.
- 4-tube Small Missile Launcher
- Mounted in the shield, the small missiles fired are not very effective against large ships, but are ideal mid-range anti-mobile suit weapons.
A sizable number of Jegan Type-A2 (GR) units were deployed by the Dogosse Giar-class, General Revil during its ambush of the SCVA-76 Nahel Argama and Garencieres in UC 0096. However, many of them were intercepted and disabled by the YAMS-132 Rozen Zulu and MSN-06S Sinanju.
Notes and Trivia