Technology & Combat Characteristics
When the Jegan was still in the prototype stage, there existed another variant known as the RGM-89B Jegan Kai ("Kai" is Japanese Kanji character "改". In English means "Modified".). This prototype variant of the Jegan has a much higher performance rating and its frame is influenced by feedback data from Anaheim Electronics's MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki. It was also completely made out of Gundarium armor instead of the Gundarium and titanium alloy/ceramic composite used by the standard Jegan. It also equipped with various experimental equipment.
- 60mm Vulcan Pod
- The 60mm vulcan gun pod is an head mounted armament that is based on the technology of the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II. These head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. These weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
- Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of many mobile suits is the beam rifle. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures. The beam rifle carried by the Jegan Kai is a rapid fire, short range type. Sensors built into the rifle provide interface between the weapon and the Jegan Kai's camera sensor. Like most beam weapons of the period, it is powered by a rechargeable energy cap.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. The Jegan Kai is equipped with a single beam saber stored in a recharge rack located in the right hip armor. The Jegan Kai's beam saber features a pair of beam emitters which can be adjusted to a high or low-output mode.
- A basic optional arm-mounted defense armament for many Federation mobile suits. The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit. Since the introduction of beam weaponry, shields have been treated with an anti-beam coating allowing it to withstand several beam shots before the coating wears off. Typically physical shields can only take so much damage before they succumb to the pressure and break. A shield can be equipped to either arm of the Jegan in order to increase defense against both beam and physical attacks.
- Missiles Launcher
- The Jegan Kai's shield also possesses minor offensive capabilities as it is built with two 2-tube small missile launchers, each has 9 rounds. These small missiles are not very effective against large ships, but are ideal mid-range anti-mobile suit weapons. This weapon would became one the standard equipment for future Jegan series MS.
- Backpack Rocket Launcher
- The Jegan Kai mounts two Rocket Launcher on the Backback. The rockets are moderately powerful self-propelling explosives that can deal significant damage to a mobile suit or battleship, but are particularly effective against machines with heavy defenses against beam weapons.
The Jegan Kai belongs to a Salamis Kai-class cruiser of the Arahas team which was deployed to escort colony construction near Side 6. It sortied in EFF raid operations in Side 6 and engaged in fierce battles with Neo Zeon's Colored forces.
|Under the Gundam: Double-Fake Mechanics|
|Monotone Mouse Company|
J Gundam | Junior Mobile Suit
MWS-19051G D Gundam "First" | MWS-19051G-2 D Gundam "Second"
Gundam Kazaki Custom | MSA-003 Nemo | MSA-004K Nemo III | MSA-008 Bar-GM | Nemo Kai | RGD-X1 GD Striker | RGD-X2 GD Cannon | RGD-X3 GD Burstliner | RGM-89B Jegan Custom | RGX-D3 D Gundam "Third" | RGX-D4 D Gundam "Fourth" | RMS-179 GM II
Musai-class | Salamis-class
| Mobile Suit|
AMS-119 Geara Doga | AMX-002 Gaza-B | AMX-003S Gaza-C Custom | AMX-011C Zaku III Late Type | AMX-011C Zaku III Late Type Land Use | AMX-012 Guza | AMX-013 Zssa Dain | AMX-016 Gaza-W | AMX-102C Zssa Kai | AMX-121 Quel Doga | Doga | MSN-03 Jagd Doga | MSN-X4 Bagwi Doga