Technology & Combat Characteristics
The RGM-89DEW EWAC Jegan is a variant of the RGM-89D Jegan D Type, modified for reconnaissance operations and fitted with electronic warfare equipment (early warning and control). Following the design features of the MSA-007E EWAC Nero, the EWAC Jegan can detect enemy mobile suits and gather intelligence on them. Then relay this information to the Combat Information Center (CIC) aboard its mothership. The Jegan's head is replaced with the head of a RGZ-95 ReZEL to enhance its detection capability of enemy mobile suits. It's backpack contains data processing and communications systems. The information it gathers can be relayed in real time via radio and laser signals, or recorded and stored in its backpack for later recovery.
- Beam Saber
- The Jegan is equipped with a single beam saber stored in a recharge rack located in the right hip armor. It features a pair of beam emitters which can be adjusted to a high or low-output mode.
- 3-Slot Hand Grenade Rack
- These grenades can be thrown like regular grenades and set to detonate upon impact with the target or timed to explode after a preset time. The grenades can also be launched directly from the rack, while grenade launchers used during the One Year War fired unguided grenades, later versions launch self-propelled homing missiles with their own optical guidance systems.
- Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of the many mobile suits is the beam rifle. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures. This is the same model used the by the GM II and GM III, and when not in use could be stored on the rear waist armor.
Special Equipment & Features
- Early Warning And Control (EWAC)
- The EWAC is a set of equipment that is attached to the mobile suit and is designed to detect enemy machines and gather intelligence on them.
A EWAC Jegan unit was assigned to the Nahel Argama in U.C. 0096. During the battle of Industrial 7, the EWAC Jegan would be deployed to collect data on the location of the "The Sleeves" battleship fleet.