The RGM-89M Jegan B-Type (aka Jegan Type M ) is a mobile suit from the Mobile Suit Gundam F91 movie.
Technology and Combat Characteristics
The RGM-89M Jegan B-Type is a variant of the RGM-89J Jegan Normal Type with improved firepower. This increase in offensive power comes in the form of two 5-tube missile launchers mounted on the hips and a second beam saber. The suit's cooling system was also improved and the chest vents were enlarged.
- Vulcan Gun Pod
- The vulcan gun pod is an optional close-range defensive armaments mounted on the head that is based on the technology of the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II. The vulcan gun is a shell firing weapon with a high-rate of fire but have little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. The vulcan gun is ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-Field and is capable of cutting through almost any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. The Jegan B-Type is equipped with two beam sabers that are stored in a recharge rack on the left forearm.
- 5-tube Missile Launcher
- The Jegan B-Type mounts two 5-tube missile launchers on the hips for increased offensive capabilities.
- Shields are essentially thick slabs of metal that a mobile suit can use to absorb the impact from attacks that, for whatever reason, cannot be dodged. However, shields can only withstand so much pressure before becoming damaged themselves. Shields are usually treated with anti-beam coating to defend against beam weapons which can normally penetrate any physical barrier, however the coating gets gradually burned away each time a beam strikes it until it is rendered useless. The Jegan B-Type 's shield can be mounted onto either arm and is armed with a pair of 4-tube missile launchers. Despite their general effectiveness since mobile suits were first developed, the shields employed by the Federation in the UC 0120s proved unable to withstand the electromagnetically accelerated spear fired from the shot lancer used by the Crossbone Vanguard mobile suits.
- 4-tube Missile Launcher
- The standard shield of the Jegan B-Type mounts two 4-tube missile launchers that fires rocket propelled explosives designed to destroy mobile suits.
- Beam Rifle
- A standard hand carried ranged beam weapon is the beam rifle. Capable of firing concentrated mega particles, attacks from a beam rifle are can damage any ordinary armor that has not be specially treated to resist it. One of the more effective methods of blocking a beam rifle is to use a beam shield. When the technology became available it became standard for beam rifles to be powered by a replaceable e-pac that could be replaced mid-battle if they ran out of power.
The RGM-89 Jegan developed in the early UC 0090's remained the Earth Federation Forces's mainstay mobile suit for thirty years, with its design being overhauled over the years in an attempt to keep up with modern technology. The RGM-89J Jegan Normal Type eventually took over as the Jegan series' basic model, and it had two variants: the RGM-89R Jegan A-Type and the RGM-89M Jegan B-Type. Despite having improved firepower, the Jegan B-Type was still an old design and was no match for the newer more efficient mobile suits fielded by the Crossbone Vanguard during their invasion of the Frontier colonies in UC 0123.
|Mobile Suit Gundam F91 Mechanics|
|Earth Federation Forces/Civilian Militia|
| Mobile Suit|
F71 G-Cannon | F91 Gundam F91 | F-50D Guntank R-44 | RGM-89J Jegan Normal Type | RGM-89M Jegan B-Type | RGM-89R Jegan A-Type | RGM-109 Heavygun | XM-06 Dahgi Iris | XM-07 Vigna Ghina
Armored Buggy | Armored Car | Missile Armored Car | Motorcycle | Wired Missile Car
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
Ark-class | Clop-class | Ra Cailum-class | Salamis Kai-class
| Mobile Suit|
XM-01 Den'an Zon | XM-02 Den'an Gei | XM-03 Ebirhu-S | XM-04 Berga Dalas | XM-05 Berga Giros | XM-06 Dahgi Iris | XM-07 Vigna Ghina
| Mobile Armour|
Armored Buggy | Armored Car | Paint Vehicle
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
Zamouth Garr-class | Zamouth Giri-class | Zamouth Jeth-class | Zamouth Nada-class
|Jupiter Energy Fleet|
|Transporter / Supply Ship|