Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The RGM-89S Prototype Stark Jegan (aka "Original Version") is a prototype heavy assault mobile suit, it was the testbed that led to the mass-produced RGM-89S Stark Jegan. It first appeared in the photo-novel/OVA Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn and Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn The Truth of E.F.F..
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The RGM-89S Prototype Stark Jegan is a machine created by making drastic modifications to the first version of the Jegan. A small number were produced as functional testbeds for the RGM-89S Stark Jegan, and one has been assigned to the Londo Bell warship Nahel Argama as a replacement unit. Based on its weapons and the Stark Jegan it is most likely a mobile suit used in anti-ship combat.
Same as the Stark Jegan, the Prototype Stark Jegan is fitted with additional armor and thrusters. They are able to be ejected if needed. Among the differences between the Prototype version and the standard production model is that the prototype model is not as heavily armored. Secondly the missiles used by the two units differ with the prototype model mounting four large anti-ship/fortress missiles. A slightly less noticeable difference is that judging from the exterior armor the Prototype Stark Jegan is based on the RGM-89 Jegan's frame while the standard production Stark Jegan model uses the frame of the RGM-89D Jegan.
- Vulcan Gun Pod
- The vulcan gun pod is an optional close-range defensive armaments mounted on the head that is based on the technology of the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II. The vulcan gun is a shell firing weapon with a high-rate of fire but have little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. The vulcan gun is ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
- 60mm Machine Cannon
- The machine cannons are chest-mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. These weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
- 3-Slot Hand Grenade Rack
- These waist mounted grenades can be thrown like regular grenades and set to detonate upon impact with the target or timed to explode after a preset time. The grenades can also be launched directly from the rack, while grenade launchers used during the One Year War fired unguided grenades, later versions launch self-propelled homing missiles with their own optical guidance systems.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. The Jegan is equipped with a single beam saber stored in a recharge rack located in the right hip armor. The Jegan's beam saber features a pair of beam emitters which can be adjusted to a high or low-output mode.
- 3-tube Anti-Ship Missile Pod
- The Prototype Stark Jegan can mount three tube anti-ship missile pods on each shoulder. Furthermore, each anti-ship missile pod may be equipped with two large missiles on the side. These missile pods can be ejected to increase the Jegan's speed. This armament appears to be same the 3-tube missile pod found on the RGM-89S Stark Jegan.
- Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of many mobile suits is the beam rifle. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures. The beam rifle carried by the Prototype Stark Jegan is a rapid fire, short range type. Sensors built into the rifle provide interface between the weapon and the suit's camera sensor.
- Beam Rifle (GM III's version)
- Another beam rifle type that the Prototype Stark Jegan could optionally equip. It is first used by RGM-86R GM III, powered by a rechargeable energy cap and has a power rating of 2.8 MW.
- Hyper Bazooka
- For heavier firepower the Prototype Stark Jegan can be outfitted with a Hyper Bazooka that fires 380mm rounds. As with its human-sized counterpart the bazooka fires explosive physical rounds at a high velocity that do significant damage on impact. Although it does not have the same penetrative power as a beam rifle, the bazooka does more extensive damage and is easily capable of destroying a mobile suit in one shot or break through the armor of a battleship.
- Large Anti-Ship Missile
- The Prototype Stark Jegan can be equipped with four large anti-ship missiles, each having a high firepower and large blast radius. Each missile appears to be able to destroy a ship.
- A basic optional arm-mounted defense armament for many Federation mobile suits. The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit. Since the introduction of beam weaponry, shields have been treated with an anti-beam coating allowing it to withstand several beam shots before the coating wears off. Typically physical shields can only take so much damage before they succumb to the pressure and break. A shield can be equipped to either arm of the Jegan in order to increase defense against both beam and physical attacks.
- 2-tube Small Missile Launcher
- The Jegan's shield also possesses minor offensive capabilities as it is built with two 2-tube small missile launchers. These small missiles are not very effective against large ships, but are ideal mid-range anti-mobile suit weapons.
One RGM-89S Prototype Stark Jegan was supplied to the Londo Bell ship Nahel Argama as part of the ship's reinforcements. The mobile suit was then used as part of the Earth Federation's attack on the asteroid Palau. During the Battle of Industrial 7, the Nahel Argama would launch all of its Prototype Stark Jegan units to defend the ship from the mobile suit forces of The Sleeves.
Notes & Trivia
- RGM-89S Prototype Stark Jegan on MAHQ.net
- RGM-89S Prototype Stark Jegan (Original Version) on MAHQ.net
- RGM-89S Prototype Stark Jegan on Gundam-Unicorn.net (English)
- RGM-89S Prototype Stark Jegan on Gundams Over Germany
|Londo Bell/Earth Federation|
FA-93HWS v Gundam Heavy Weapons System Type | RGC-90 Jegan Heavy Armor Type | RGM-89S Prototype Stark Jegan | RGZ-91B Re-GZ Custom | RX-93 ν Gundam Double Fin Funnel Type | RX-93-ν2 Hi-ν Gundam
| Mobile Suit|
AMS-119 Geara Doga Heavy Armed Type | AMS-119S Geara Doga Kai | AMS-120X Geara Doga Psycommu System Test Type | MSN-04II Nightingale | NZ-222 Psyco Doga
| Mobile Armour|
NZ-444 β Azieru