The RGM-89T Jegan is a mobile suit that appears in the manga short story Side Operation of the Zeon U.C. 0093.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
A ground combat mobile suit deployed by the Earth Federation Ground Forces, it is derived from the RGM-89 Jegan. It is a completely new design equipped with newly built backpack, enhanced output and heightened ground mobility. In addition, it is provided with increased waist armor and the ability carry more heavy weapons.
- 60mm Vulcan Pod System
- Beam Saber
- 3-Slot Hand Grenade Rack
- Beam Machine Gun
The Jegan was deployed by several units late in the war, particularly in mop-up operations against Neo Zeon ground forces.
- RGM-89T Jegan [7th Armored MS Company use]
- Operated by the EFF 7th Armored MS Company, its specifications are unchanged from the standard machine. It features a coat of light blue paint and stenciled "R7" markings in red on the limbs. It was deployed in North America, where the 7th was recognized as the most active unit on the front and achieved outstanding results.
- RGM-89T Jegan [9th Heavy MS Battalion use]
- Operated by the EFF 9th Heavy MS Battalion, its specifications are unchanged from the standard machine. It is painted in olive drab, neutral gray, and red with the yellow-edged markings "9" and "G" depicted on the left leg. In addition, it also adopted pattern-painted camouflage when they were deployed for the first time late during the war in the Verboten base in Europe, where they were forced to retreat under heavy assault from Neo Zeon forces.
- RGM-89T Jegan [71st Airborne MS Company use]
- Operated by the EFF 71st Airborne MS Company, its specifications are unchanged from the standard machine. It is painted in daring patterns of blue on light gray. Due to reports of machines operated by Neo Zeon forces using the same pattern, this paint coating was not adopted. It was deployed in the European front, where it sortied with the A/FMSZ-007II Zeta to gain air superiority.
- RGM-89T Jegan [110-125th Heavy MS Battalion use]
- Operated by the EFF 110th to 125th Heavy MS Battalion, its specifications are unchanged from the standard machine. It is coated in monochromatic khaki drab for operations in forested areas of Northern Europe. It was confirmed by units near Freiburg that the camouflage effect can be improved upon by spraying green and black paint on the top of this pattern. Their successes contributed in delaying the deployment strategy and invasion plans of Neo Zeon forces in the same region.