Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Jesta Cannon is a heavy assault variant of the standard RGM-96X Jesta. The Jesta Cannon features additional weapons systems such as a multi-launcher, an enhanced beam rifle, improved weapons fire-control systems, and extra armor sections around the frame. The extra armor can be purged allowing the Jesta Cannon to adapt to certain situations. Like the original Jesta unit, the Jesta Cannon possesses higher performance than standard Federation mobile suits.
- Vulcan Pod System
- Mounted on the head, this system contains a 60mm vulcan gun and is based on the technology of the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II. The vulcan gun is a shell firing weapon with a high-rate of fire but have little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. The vulcan gun is ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
- 3-Slot Hand Grenade Rack
- The Jesta Cannon mounts four 3-slot hand grenade racks on the unit's body. These grenades can be thrown like regular grenades and set to detonate upon impact with the target or timed to explode after a preset time. The grenades can also be launched directly from the rack, while grenade launchers used during the One Year War fired unguided grenades, later versions launch self-propelled homing missiles with their own optical guidance systems. If required, one of the waist mounted racks can be replaced by an optional beam saber rack.
- Beam Cannon
- One of the strongest weapon available to the Jesta Cannon, the beam cannon is mounted on the backpack, over the right shoulder. It is directly connected to the generator, allowing continuous fire at high-output. It is mainly used for medium-range support and functions in conjunction with a head-mounted smart sensor unit.
- 4-Tube Multi-Launcher
- A four barreled launcher, the multi launcher is mounted on the backpack, over the left shoulder. It can be loaded with special rounds or flares depending on the combat situation.
- Beam Rifle
- The Jesta Cannon's beam rifle is a modified version of the Jesta's standard beam rifle. An aiming device is fixed on the top of the barrel for increased accuracy. Additionally, a grenade launcher is added to the bottom of the beam rifle barrel. The beam rifle carried by the Jesta has a higher rate of fire than the beam rifle of Jegan series, with both standard and burst-fire modes. Like most beam weapons of the period, it is powered by a replaceable energy cap. If the beam rifle runs out of energy, the current energy cap can be replaced by a new one. The Jesta is equipped with three spare energy caps held in the right forearm of the mobile suit.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-Field and is capable of cutting through almost any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. Due to the mounting of a shield on the left arm as part of the extra armor, the beam saber is stored on an optional rack that when mounted will replace one of the waist-mounted grenade rack.
- A basic defense armament for many Federation mobile suits. The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit. Since the introduction of beam weaponry, shields have been treated with an anti-beam coating allowing it to withstand several beam shots before the coating wears off. Typically physical shields can only take so much damage before they succumb to the pressure and break. The Jesta Cannon is equipped with a shield fixed to the left arm as part of its extra armor, replacing the beam saber rack of the normal Jesta.
- Shield~Standard Jesta shield
- The backpack-mounted movable shield of the standard Jesta can also be mounted on the Jesta Cannon's backpack if required. However, this requires the removal of the beam cannon and the multi-launcher mount.
- 2-tube Missile Launcher
- The standard Jesta shield possesses minor offensive capabilities as it is built with 2 2-tube missile launchers. These missiles are not very effective against large ships, but are ideal mid-range anti-mobile suit weapons.
There is one Jesta Cannon confirmed in the Ra Cailum's MS team and later transferred to the Dogosse Gier-class General Revil battleship. It was ultimately destroyed in the battle with MSN-06S Sinanju when approaching Industrial 7.
- RGM-96X Jesta Cannon on Gundam-Unicorn.net
- RGM-96X Jesta Cannon on MAHQ.net
- RGM-96X Jesta Cannon on Gundams Over Germany