RGM-96X Jesta Cannon
|Developed from||RGM-96X Jesta|
|First Seen||0096 U.C.|
|Operator||Earth Federation Forces|
|Known Pilots||Watts Stepney|
|Head Height||19.3 meters63.32 ft |
|Standard Weight||39.7 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Minovsvky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor|
|Power Output||2710 kW3,634.17 hp|
|Sensor Range||14200 meters46,587.927 ft|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only (in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso)|
|Rocket Thrusters||89030 kg196,277.497 lb |
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Jesta Cannon is a heavy assault variant of the standard RGM-96X Jesta. The Jesta Cannon features additional weapons systems such as a multi-launcher, an enhanced beam rifle, improved weapons fire-control systems, and extra armor sections around the frame. The extra armor can be purged allowing the Jesta Cannon to adapt to certain situations.
Like the original Jesta unit, the Jesta Cannon possesses higher performance than standard Federation mobile suits.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun Pod
- The 60mm vulcan gun pod is an head mounted armament that is based on the technology of the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II. These head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. These weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
- 3-Slot Hand Grenade Rack
- The Jesta Cannon mounts three 3-slot hand grenade racks on the unit's body. These grenades can be thrown like regular grenades and set to detonate upon impact with the target or timed to explode after a preset time.
- Beam Cannon
- One of the heaviest weapon available to the Jesta Cannon, the beam cannon is carried over the right shoulder. It is directly connected to the generator, allowing continuous fire at high-output. It is mainly used for medium-range support and functions in conjunction with a head-mounted smart sensor unit.
- 4-Tube Multi-Launcher
- A four barreled launcher, the multi launcher is mounted on the backpack, over the left shoulder. It can be loaded with special rounds or flares depending on the combat situation.
- Beam Rifle
- The Jesta Cannon's beam rifle is a modified version of the Jesta's standard beam rifle. An aiming device is fixed on the top of the barrel for increased accuracy. Additionally, a grenade launcher is added to the bottom of the beam rifle barrel. The beam rifle carried by the Jesta, like the one equipped on the Jegan, is a rapid fire, short range type. Like most beam weapons of the period, it is powered by a replaceable energy cap. If the beam rifle runs out of energy, the current energy cap can be replaced by a new one. The Jesta is equipped with three spare energy caps held in the right forearm of the mobile suit.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-Field and is capable of cutting through almost any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. The Jesta Cannon is equipped with one beam saber.
- A basic optional arm-mounted defense armament for many Federation mobile suits. The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit. Since the introduction of beam weaponry, shields have been treated with an anti-beam coating allowing it to withstand several beam shots before the coating wears off. Typically physical shields can only take so much damage before they succumb to the pressure and break. Unlike the Jegan's shield which has a fixed placement, the Jesta's shield is mounted on a moveable arm at the back of the unit. In the OVA, the shields were shown to be positioned over the back while the mobile suit was on a sub-flight unit.
There is one Jesta Cannon confirmed in the Ra Cailum's MS team and later transferred to the Dogosse Gier-class General Revil battleship. It was ultimately destroyed in the battle with MSN-06S Sinanju when approaching Industrial 7.