The RGZ-95C ReZEL Commander Type (Defenser A-Unit) (GR) is a variant of the RGZ-95C ReZEL Commander Type (Defenser A-Unit) used by the General Revil battleship. It first appears in Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The RGZ-95C ReZEL Commander Type (Defenser A-Unit) (GR) is a powered up version of a ReZEL Commander Type. The ReZEL is equipped with a beam rifle, shield, beam sabers, hyper beam sabers and six missile pods. The hyper beam sabers are similar to the MSZ-010 ΖΖ Gundam, instead of functioning as a pair of beam cannons. It can be used as to stabilize the energy supply. With the large amount of missile pods on its back, the ReZEL Commander Type (Defenser A-Unit) (GR) is equipped with more thrusters on its back and on the sides.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A standard armament of Federation mobile suits. These head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire, but have little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits; however, the vulcan gun can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. These weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
- Beam Rifle
- The standard armament of mobile suits is a beam rifle powered by a replaceable energy pac. If the energy pac runs out of energy it can be replaced with a fresh one. In addition, the beam rifle wielded by the ReZEL can also emit a beam saber from its tip, allowing it to act as a long beam saber. This allows the rifle to be used as a close combat weapon in the event that the pilot is unable to draw the beam saber in time.
- The ReZEL's shield is a multipurpose weapon. Other than being a defensive armament, it stores spare energy pacs and a beam gun. The shield also doubles as the unit's lower front section in waverider mode.
- Beam Gun
- The ReZEL's beam gun is mounted on the unit's shield and is used for ranged combat.
- 2-Barrel Grenade Launcher
- The RGZ-95 ReZEL mounts a two-barrelled grenade launcher on the right forearm for mid ranged combat.
- Beam Saber
- One other standard armament is a beam saber for melee combat, which is hand carried in use. Both sabers are stored in the left forearm when not in use.
- Hyper Beam Saber
- The ReZEL Commander Type (Defenser A-Unit) (GR) mounts in its backpack recharge racks a pair of hyper beam sabers. The hilts of these beam sabers are easily three times greater the size of other beam sabers, and are capable of emitting a much longer and more powerful saber that can easily cut through several mobile suits in a single swing.
- Missile Pods
- The ReZEL Commander Type (Defenser A-Unit) (GR) is equipped with six missile pods on its backpack. The two small pods on top houses micro missiles.
The ReZEL Commander Type (Defenser A-Unit) (GR) was used by the Dogosse Giar-class battleship General Revil to intercept the Nahel Argama and Garencieres from escaping, but was intercepted by The Sleeves.