Technology & Combat Characteristics
The ReZEL Type-C (GR) is the ReZEL-type assigned to the battleship General Revil. It is a variant of the ReZEL Commander Type and the difference between the two seems to be limited to the color scheme, and the color of the sensor units on the head, chest and shoulder. Unlike the ReZEL Commander Type deployed on the Londo Bell's ship, SCVA-76 Nahel Argama, the ReZEL Type-C (GR) does not have the Mega Beam Launcher as a standard equipment.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A standard armament mounted on most Federation mobile suits. The pair of head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire, but little power. They are mainly used to restrain enemy units,intercept missiles and the like.
- Grenade Launcher
- A grenade launcher with two rounds can be mounted in each forearm. It is comparable to the ones used by the Re-GZ and has proven effective in close combat. Can be switched out for the beam sabers.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-Field and is capable of cutting through almost any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. The ReZEL is equipped with two beam sabers stored in the recharge racks located in the unit's left forearm. A pair of beam sabers can be stored in each forearm. Can be switched out for the Grenade Launcher.
- Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of many mobile suits is the beam rifle. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures. The ReZEL's beam rifle is powered by a replaceable energy pac, if the energy pac runs out of energy it can be replaced with a fresh one stored under the ReZEL's shield. Besides the standard shooting mode, the ReZEL's beam rifle also has a long duration, high output shooting mode that is known among the federation’s pilot as the ‘Guillotine burst’. Lastly, the beam rifle's muzzle can generate a beam blade, allowing the rifle to function as a long beam saber.
- Mega Beam Launcher
- An optional high output beam weapon specifically designed for the ReZEL. It can be used for longe range support, and is mounted on the backpack when equipped. Besides receiving energy supply from the suit’s generator, the launcher itself also has a sub-generator for supplementary purposes, and this allows for stable number of shots and output.
- A multipurpose defensive equipment developed specifically for the ReZEL. A beam cannon that fires in a 3-round burst is mounted at the front, and serves as the main weapon in waverider mode. The blade at the back of the shield can be used as a ramming weapon in close combat.
A number of ReZEL Type-C(GR) units were deployed by the Dogosse Gier-class, General Revil during its ambush on the SCVA-76 Nahel Argama and the Garencieres in UC 0096. Some of the units were intercepted and disabled by the YAMS-132 Rozen Zulu and MSN-06S Sinanju.