RMS-099B Schuzrum Dias
|Developed from||RMS-099 Rick Dias|
|First Seen||0088 U.C.|
|Overall Height||28.0 meters91.864 ft |
|Head Height||18.0 meters59.055 ft |
|Max Weight||61.3 metric tons|
|Standard Weight||32.5 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor|
|Power Output||1920 kW2,574.762 hp|
|Sensor Range||11500 meters37,729.659 ft|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only (in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in head)|
|Max Acceleration||1.71 G|
|Rocket Thrusters||2 x 34200 kg75,398.072 lb |
Technology and Combat Characteristics
The Schuzrum Dias is a further improved model of the RMS-099 Rick Dias and MSA-099-2 Rick Dias II. It has a flared-out armor piece on the head for better protection of the sensors. The random binder propellant tank was upgraded into the grye binder by mounting extra thrusters and verniers upon the binder, increasing the Schuzrum's Dias's mobility in comparison to the older Rick Dias mobile suits. This grye binder also mounts a mega beam gun similar to Rick Dias II's.
The weapons employed by the Schuzrum Dias are virtually identical to its predecessors, likely as a means cheapen production.
- 2-barrel 55mm vulcan phalanx anti-missile gun system
- A standard armament of the mobile suits in this era. These head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire, but have little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits; however, the vulcan gun can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. These weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
- Beam Pistol
- While most mobile suits feature a single large beam rifle, the Schuzrum Dias instead is equipped with two small beam pistol, which look like the Nazi's pistol. Despite their small size, the pistols are powerful enough to destroy an enemy unit with a single shot. If not in use, the pistols are mounted on the backpack of the unit.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Mobile Suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. The Schuzrum Dias is equipped with two beam sabers stored in recharge rack on the hips.
- Clay bazooka
- Unlike normal bazookas, the Clay Bazooka is a large rocket launcher it could fire several missiles that that breaks into smaller pellets to attack targets at long range. While not powerful as other models, it can takes a mobile suit with one shot. Most oftenly used to take out slow, heavily armored targets.
- 2-barrel Mega Beam Gun
- Mounts on the Gyre Binders is a pair of 2-barrel Mega Beam Guns. The power of this weapon's beam can seriously damage a mobile suit with even a glancing hit, and they can completely destroy a standard mobile suit shield making it impossible to block the beam. How ever each gun has a high power-consuming, made the Mega Beam Guns can't fire rapidly.
Special Equipment & Features
- Grye binder
- Anaheim Electronics developed a "Gyre binder" from Rick Dias's "Random Binder" Ejectable External Propellant Tank. Its design was inspired by MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki's wing binder. With numerous thrusters and verniers on it, the binder greatly boosted the agility of Schuzrum Dias.
The RMS-099B Schuzrum Diaz was developed by Anaheim Electronics during the First Neo Zeon War. Judging from the machine's ancestry it is likely that the company had intended to market it to the AEUG where it would likely be well-received for both its high performance and how closely it resembles the popular Rick Dias. However, much like the RMS-108 Marasai from the Gryps Conflict, Anaheim Electronics was forced to provide the Schuzrum Dias to Neo Zeon during the First Neo Zeon War.