Technology and Combat Characteristics
The Schuzrum Dias is an improved version of the RMS-099 Rick Dias for hit and run assault missions. Commander-use version of the suit has a flared-out armor piece on the head, while the standard type has the same head as Rick Dias. Other differences between Schuzrum Dias and Rick Dias include the use of different rear skirt armor, knee armor, and the replacement of the random binders with the new grye binders. The gyre binders greatly improved the suit's maximum speed, and is also armed with an integrated beam cannon each for better firepower. The suit retains the weaponry of the Rick Dias.
- 2-barrel 55mm Vulcan Phalanx
- Mounted in the top of the suit's head, and covered by a hinged hood when not in use, they are equivalent to the vulcan guns commonly used by other mobile suits. These shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire, but have little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits; however, the vulcan gun can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. These weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
- Beam Pistol
- The Schuzrum Dias is equipped with a pair of Beam Pistols as its primary ranged beam weapon. Despite its compact size, it is powerful enough to destroy an enemy mobile suit with a single shot. The Beam Pistols are stored on a storage rack on the Rick Dias' backpack when not in use, and while stowed, they could fire directly with a limited firing arc.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Mobile Suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating.
- AE/ZIM.C-BAZ-531 300mm Clay Bazooka
- A projectile-firing bazooka, it was originally designed to fire adhesive rounds which immobilize enemy machines rather than destroying them outright. However, this weapon can also fire other types of ammunition, and it's normally used with conventional explosive shells.
- Beam Cannon
- A beam canon is mounted at the top of each Gyre Binders. It is capable of seriously damaging a mobile suit with even a glancing hit, and can completely destroy a standard mobile suit's shield making it impossible to block the beam. At its maximum output, the beam cannon is power rated at 4.2MW.
Special Equipment & Features
- Grye Binder
- Mounted on the back, the pair of Gyre Binders contain vector thrusters, an integrated beam cannon each and propellant tanks. Thus, it simultaneously improves the Schuzrum Dias' speed and firepower. Thanks to these binders, the Schuzrum Dias' top speed is 1.5 to 2.5 times that of the Rick Dias. Like the Random Binders, the Gyre Binders are capable of Active Mass Balance Auto-Control (AMBAC).
The RMS-099B Schuzrum Dias was developed by Anaheim Electronics during the First Neo Zeon War and was deployed by the Republic of Zeon as part of their colony defense forces. However, a few pilots still loyal to the original cause defected with their Schuzrum Dias units over to Neo Zeon.