Technology and Combat Characteristics
The Schuzrum Dias is a further improved model of the RMS-099 Rick Dias and MSA-099-2 Rick Dias II. It has a flared-out armor piece on the head for better protection of the sensors. The random binder propellant tank was upgraded into the grye binder by mounting extra thrusters and verniers upon the binder, increasing the Schuzrum's Dias's mobility in comparison to the older Rick Dias mobile suits. The grye binders also each mount a beam cannon.
The weapons employed by the Schuzrum Dias are virtually identical to its predecessors, likely as a means to cheapen production.
- 2-barrel 55mm Vulcan Phalanx Anti-Missile Gun System
- A standard armament of the mobile suits in this era. These head mounted shell-firing weapons have a high-rate of fire, but have little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits; however, the vulcan gun can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. These weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
- Beam Pistol
- While most mobile suits feature a single large beam rifle, the Schuzrum Dias instead is equipped with two small beam pistols, which loosely resembles a Luger P08. Despite their small size, the pistols are powerful enough to destroy an enemy unit with a single shot. If not in use, the pistols are mounted on the backpack of the unit.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Mobile Suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating.
- Clay Bazooka
- A projectile-firing bazooka, as its name indicates, the clay bazooka was originally designed to fire adhesive rounds which immobilize enemy machines rather than destroying them outright. However, this weapon can fire several different types of ammunition, and it's normally used with conventional explosive shells.
- Beam Cannon
- Mounted on the Gyre Binders is a pair of beam cannons. The power of this weapon's beam can seriously damage a mobile suit with even a glancing hit, and they can completely destroy a standard mobile suit shield making it impossible to block the beam. However, each gun has is very power-consuming, not allowing the beam cannons to fire rapidly.
Special Equipment & Features
- Grye Binder
- Anaheim Electronics developed a "Gyre Binder" from Rick Dias' "Random Binder" Ejectable External Propellant Tank. Its design was inspired by MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki's wing binder. With numerous thrusters and verniers on it, the binder greatly boosted the agility of Schuzrum Dias.
The RMS-099B Schuzrum Dias was developed by Anaheim Electronics during the First Neo Zeon War and was deployed by the Republic of Zeon as part of their colony defense forces. However, a few pilots still loyal to the original cause defected with their Schuzrum Dias units over to Neo Zeon.