The RMS-106CS Hizack Custom is a prototype assault mobile suit, it is featured in the anime series Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, the design was later updated and featured in the novel series Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn. The unit is piloted by Sorama, Kara and later by Gilligan Justas.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The basic frame of RMS-106CS Hizack Custom is same as the RMS-106 Hizack. The biggest improvement is the sensor of the unit, which allow Hizack Custom to work as a sniper. The most powerful weapon in the Hizack Custom's arsenal is its Beam Launcher, which it can use for long-range bombardment thanks to its new sensors.
It is outfitted with titanium armor, backed by a ceramic composite, Gundarium Alloy, and it has a higher output generator than the regular Hizack units. The Hizack Custom also carries enhanced backpack and leg thrusters, making it much faster and more agile than its predecessors.
- Beam Saber
- The standard armament of most MS, Beam Sabers emits high-energy Minovsky particles to form a blade-shaped I-field (via manipulation of electromagnetic fields), and then fills this I-field shell with superheated Minovsky particle plasma to produce an effective cutting blade. The termination of the I-field along a solid contact surface allows the plasma to eat away at the offending material until the I-field reestablishes itself, allowing the weapon to "cut" through almost any target. The Hizack Custom was given a beam saber as a close combat weapon.
- Shoulder Shield
- The shield is a simple defense used to block most incoming ballistic and explosive projectiles. Also used to great effect in close quarters battle with enemy mobile suits. The Hizack Custom mounts a shield on its right shoulder, which also possesses a set of spikes to enhance its melee combat abilities.
- Beam Launcher
- The Hizack Custom's main weapon is a handheld beam weapon used for attacks on enemy mobile suits, because of its design the beam launcher was ideal for conducting long-range sniper attacks.
- 3-tube Missile Pod
- The Hizack Custom could mount a pair of 3-tube missile pods on each side of its hips. These would be used for long to mid-range bombardment. These missiles are quite effective against armored enemies.
Only a limited number of Hizack Custom units were created to be used in special operations and sniper units for the Titans during the Gryps Conflict. After the fall of the Titans, Haman Karn's Neo Zeon movement would take the Hizack Custom for their own use during the First Neo Zeon War. Most of the units were seized and used by the Zeon's ground force.
Notes and Trivia
- The Hizack Custom appears as a semi-hidden unit in Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam. It can be used if the player selects the Hizack and chooses the Beam Launcher in the weapon select sub-menu.