Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Hizack was designed from its development stages to provide operational flexibility through modular replacement, thus it can essentially be adapted without modifications by exchanging parts. An example is the Hizack Cannon which is attached with the “cannon pack” previously tested on the RGM-79SR GM Sniper III Medium Range Support Type. This serves to increase the firepower of the Hizack, which is unable to use multiple beam weapons at the same time. The cannon pack adds a 240mm Cannon, a deliberate choice to not to increase the burden on the underpowered generator. A detachable armor unit can also be installed on its chest. Due to the subsequent appearance of mobile suits with higher generator performance which can use more beam weapons, this machine never enters mass production, but it’s used for rear support in certain operations.
- 240mm Cannon
- A back mounted cannon useful for long to mid-range attacks, because it is a projectile weapon instead of a beam weapon, the load on the generator is reduced.
- Shoulder Shield
- The Hizack mounts a shield on its right shoulder, similar to the MS-06 Zaku II. It is used to block most incoming ballistic and explosive projectiles. Also used to great effect in close quarters battle with enemy mobile suits.
- BR-87A Beam Rifle
- This beam rifle is the same as the one used by the Marasai, and is powered by a rechargeable energy cap. Capable of firing concentrated mega particles, attacks from a beam rifle can damage any ordinary armor that has not been specially treated to resist it.
- 3-tube Missile Launcher
- The Hizack has a pair of 3-tube missile pods mounted on each side of its hips for long to mid-range bombardment.
- Bullpup Machine Gun
- The bullpup machine gun is an open-bolt, gas-operated, magazine-fed, mobile suit handheld sub-machine gun. It does not require energy to be used, however it is ineffective against heavy armor.
- Mounted on the left arm. Shields are simple in their design, being essentially thick slabs of metal that the equipped mobile suit can use to absorb the impact from attacks that, for whatever reason, cannot be dodged. However shields can only withstand so much pressure before becoming damaged themselves.
Special Equipment & Features
- Armor Unit
- To increase the suit's durability, detachable armors plates can be added to the chest of the Hizack Cannon.