Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The RMS-142 Xeku Zwei was an incredibly powerful mobile suit piloted by New Desides pilot Josh Offshore. While it is unknown whether the Xeku Zwei ("Zwei" being the German word for "two") is a brand new model mobile suit all-together, or just a very heavily and extensively modified RMS-141 Xeku Eins, the Xeku Zwei still manages to be far superior to the Xeku Eins. But the Xeku Zwei did not achieve its performance by incorporating newer more advanced technology, instead it did so by just adding excessive amounts of many basic components.
The multipurpose latch and mount system on the shoulders of the Xeku Zwei gives it twice the carrying capacity of the Xeku Eins series, and additional hardpoints and storage racks are distributed across its body. The mobile suit is also equipped with four rudimentary sub arms to hold and support all its extra weapons. Its standard equipment includes the long-range beam smart gun and disk radome from the RMS-141 Xeku Eins (Type 2 Armament), as well as three missile pods in its front skirt armor. A 120mm machine gun and six large rocket launchers are stored on its back.
With vast amounts of extra armor all over its body, the Xeku Zwei is very well protected from the attacks of its opponents. But all this extra armor is incredibly bulky and heavy so as a result the Xeku Zwei is over double the weight of the Xeku Eins. To overcome the maneuverability and speed issues the heavy armor presents the Xeku Zwei is equipped with large numbers of extra thruster arrays and many additional verniers and apogee motors, giving it remarkably good speed and acceleration for its size.
In order to deal with Task Force Alpha's advanced mobile suit forces the Xeku Zwei was incredibly heavily armed. Installed in the front skirt armor the Xeku Zwei had three micro missile pods, each holding eighteen missiles. Six panzer faust rocket-propelled grenades (nicknamed "clubs") were stored in the sides of the top backpack booster unit. A powerful and highly accurate beam smart gun could be held in one hand, with the disk radome sensor used to target the weapon built into the left side of the front skirt armor. In the other hand a drum-fed 120mm machine gun could be used, with four large ammunition drums stored on the re-designed multi-purpose latches over each of the shoulders. For use in close and melee range combat, the Xeku Zwei featured two head-mounted 60mm vulcan guns, and two beam sabers mounted in recharge racks on the top of upper backpack booster unit.
As if the staggering amounts of weaponry were not enough, the Xeku Zwei featured a nifty gimmick. It had four additional smaller sub-arms, mounted on the sides of its normal arms and shoulder armor, giving the pilot the ability to juggle between its weapons compliment with ease, or use many different weapons simultaneously.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close-range armament for post-one year war mobile suits is the beam saber. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-field and is capable of cutting through any metal alloy. The only way to block a beam saber is to counter with another beam saber or to use armor that has been treated with an anti-beam coating.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A standard armament of the mobile suits from the Earth Federation Forces is a pair of head mounted 60mm vulcan guns. These shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. The weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small land vehicles, and attack helicopters.
- "Club" Rocket Launcher
- A hand-held rocket propelled grenade that is good for a single shot. The Sturm Faust made a good anti-mobile suit weapon as mobile suits could be equipped with both a Sturm Faust and a second more standard ranged weapon giving them great versatility. Even more so when the Xeku Zwei's sub-arms are taken into consideration.
- Missile Pod
- A trio of missile pods are located on the skirt armor that usually hold 18 short range missiles each for a total of 54.
- 120mm Machinegun
- A large machine gun with a rate of fire of 360-540 rounds per minute, and it carries roughly 6000 rounds of ammunition in each of the huge drum magazines attached to its shoulders.
- Long Range Beam Smart Gun
- A specialized type of beam weapon designed for high precision. The particle deflecting system at the muzzle can bend the output beam by up to 20 degrees. As such, the smart gun that does not need to be pointed directly at the target to hit it, making it incredibly dangerous.
Special Equipment & Features
- Drum Magazine
- Multipurpose Latch & Mount System
This prototype mobile suit is the second machine of the Xeku series developed at the asteroid base Pezun. Designed for both heavy armament and high mobility, the RMS-142 Xeku Zwei is equipped with huge thruster blocks and powerful boosters, making it highly maneuverable despite its large size and tremendous weight.
Although the Xeku Zwei has great firepower and high performance, its development is halted by the destruction of Pezun during the Pezun Rebellion. The rebel New Desides bring three prototype units with them to Ayers City, and these surviving machines are deployed in the final battle against the mobile suits of Task Force Alpha on April 4, UC 0088.
Using the Xeku Zwei, Josh Offshore is able to easily beat back the few remaining members of Task Force Alpha to buy time for the AMA-100 Z'od-iacok to make its move. Able to keep Ryou Roots in the MSA-0011 S Gundam at bay, Josh Offshore was soundly defeated when S Gundam's ALICE artificial intelligence computer took control of the unit, and the Xeku Zwei was destroyed when it burned up during atmospheric re-entry.
Notes & Trivia
- Unlike the mobile armor AMA-100 Z'od-iacok, the Xeku Zwei appears in both the original serial published in Model Graphix and the revised version published in Gundam Wars III.