Technology & Combat Characteristics
The RMS-179 GM II Semi-Striker is a custom RMS-179 GM II created at the Torrington Base by reusing spare parts from existing machines, thus its model number is unchanged from the original GM II. Its name "Semi Striker" came about due to its appearance. It shares the same performance, power output, acceleration, and sensor range as the GM II, but its OS was rewritten to specialize in close-combat.
The GM II Semi-Striker's shoulder armor are refitted with armor plates that resembles RGM-79FP GM Striker's but they do not have the same ability. Its left arm is equipped with a gauntlet-like shield similar to the FA-78-1 Gundam Full Armor Type. The GM II Semi-Striker is usually equipped with a pair of 60mm vulcan guns, a beam saber, and the GM Striker's twin beam spear.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A standard armament of the mobile suits that are descended from the Earth Federation Forces's RX series. These head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire, but little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits; however, they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. They are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits, the GM II Semi-Striker has one beam saber stored on its backpack. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. The beam saber is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating.
- Twin Beam Spear
- A pole-arm weapon derived from the RX-78-2 Gundam's beam javelin, it is an extendable rod with a pair of movable beam sabers at its tip. When the two beam sabers are pointing straight ahead, the weapon is in 'Rod Mode' and 'Scythe Mode' is when the beam sabers are pointing sideways. The long reach of the weapon gives the GM II Semi-Striker an advantage in melee combat.
- Small Shield
- A shield mounted on the left forearm, it is made of gundarium alloy. Due to its small size, the shield is extremely maneuverable and effective in close combat.
In UC 0096, during the assault of Torrington Base, a GM II Semi-Striker was deployed and seen battling against the MS-08TX/S Efreet Schneid in close quarters combat, however it was quickly dispatched by the Efreet Schneid.
Notes and Trivia
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam UC Prismatic Mobiles 1", p. 50 to 52.