Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Full Armor Plan B is an alternative enhancement plan to the RX-0 Full Armor Unicorn Gundam. It is equipped with every piece of equipment from the Armed Armor series, changing the Unicorn's appearance to an angelic shape and the unit's psycoframe is now blue like that of the Phenex.
While less heavily armed than the Full Armor Unicorn, this configuration of the Unicorn maximizes its mobility. A pair of Armed Armor DE units attached to the backpack provide it with additional thrust, I-field coverage, and the beam cannons integrated into each shield, while the backpack's beam saber mounts are used to mount the Armed Armor XC from the Banshee Norn. The Unicorn's forearms are equipped with the Armed Armor BS and Armed Armor VN from the Banshee's original loadout, with the right arm typically also carrying a hyper beam javelin. For reasons not explained, the color of the hyper beam javelin's beam blades change to blue while this armor is equipped.
Like the base model Unicorn, the Full Armor Unicorn can take control of an enemy's psycommu weapons, even Quasi-Psycommu bits, when the NT-D is activated.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A basic armament found on many Federation mobile suits. While essentially ineffectual against mobile suit armor, they are useful in intercepting incoming missiles/rockets, destroying mobile suit sensors, and engaging lightly-armored vehicles.
- Beam Saber
- The Unicorn is equipped with four beams sabers, two on the forearms and two in the Armed Armor XC. In Unicorn mode, the MS only has access to the two forearm mounted beam sabers. In Destroy Mode, the Unicorn then has access to the two other beam sabers in the Armed Armor XC, allowing it access to all four sabers.
- Beam Tonfa
- The forearm mounted beam sabers can flip over and be used directly, in this form, they are known as beam tonfa.
- Armed Armor DE
- The Armed Armor DE (Defense-Extension) is the normal I-Field-equipped shield used by the Unicorn with additional parts containing more psycoframe, six thrusters (four on top and two at the bottom) and a mega cannon. The Armed Armor DE's mega cannon provides the Unicorn with additional ranged weaponry, while the added thrusters grant the suit increased speed and mobility. Two of these units are mounted on the unit's backpack. The suit is also able to use the Armed Armor DEs as remote controlled weaponry, due to the properties of the psycoframe allowing for direct manipulation of an object by a Newtype. The version featured in Mobile Suit Gundam UC Perfectibility has tail-like stabilizers on the Armed Armor DEs for attitude control, identical to those used by RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex (Narrative Ver.).
- Armed Armor VN
- A Psycoframe-embedded weapon fixed on the left arm. The Armed Armor VN (Vibration Nails) can transform into a shape similar to a beast's claw in both Unicorn or Destroy mode, and uses the super-vibrating vice-like claws to effectively destroy mobile suits. It is treated with beam-resistant coating and can also be used as a shield or striking weapon when in closed-mode.
- Armed Armor BS
- A companion weapon to the Armed Armor VN, it is equipped on the right arm. A Psycoframe-embedded long-range Beam Smart gun, it is capable of extremely accurate firing, achieved by a special built-in sensor unit transmitting spatial data to the pilot via Psycommu system and using the pilot's reaction to synchronize the beam-directing "fins". The weapon can be used in both Unicorn and Destroy Modes.
- Hyper Beam Javelin
- Two large beam blades, one shaped like a spearhead and the other like an axe, attached to a long handle in a design reminiscent of a halberd. The hyper beam javelin is also embedded with Psycoframe and is part of the Armed Armor series. The javelin can be used as a double edged weapon. Mounted on the rear waist armor when not in use.
Special Equipment & Features
- Armed Armor XC
- The Armed Armor XC (Xeno-Connect) is an add-on backpack unit that improves the affinity between pilot and machine. It also enhances overall generator output. The Unicorn's backpack beam sabers are stored in the Armed Armor XC.
Gundam Try Age
The Full Armor Plan B appears in Gundam Try Age as a "Build MS". It is a custom Unicorn Gundam Gunpla modified with optional parts from the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee and RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex, as well as the hyper beam javelin from the NZ-666 Kshatriya Repaired (which was originally an optional weapon for the Unicorn Gundam).
Mobile Suit Gundam UC Perfectibility
The Unicorn Gundam Perfectibility appears in an alternate depiction of the final battle of Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn where this configuration was used instead of the original Full Armor equipment. The battle starts with the Unicorn Gundam Perfectibility launching from the Nahel Argama. It then confronts the Neo Zeong and transforms from Unicorn Mode to Destroy Mode. The two machines then exchanges gunfire before the Neo Zeong deploys its Wired Large Funnel Bits, in which one Bit managed to latch on the Unicorn's right Armed Armor DE and destroy it. The Unicorn counterattacks by drawing out its Hyper Beam Javelin and destroy a couple of the Bits. It then detaches the remaining Armed Armor DE to use it as a funnel and fires at the Neo Zeong, destroying the MA's Sturm Boosters. The Neo Zeong activates its Psyco Shard Generator and destroys the Unicorn's Armed Armor BS, XC and the remaining Armed Armor DE. The Unicorn then charges up to the Neo Zeong and uses the Armed Armor VN to grapple the Neo Zeong's head. After that, the fight ends when Full Frontal reflects on himself and Banagher being engulfed in a burst of light.
Note & Trivia
- The Full Armor Unicorn Plan B appears in the Gundam Try Age digital card game as a boss when all of the Unicorn story missions have been completed.
- The Full Armor Unicorn Plan B was released as part of the Gundam Assault Kingdom figure line, and has all of the weapons of the normal Full Armor Unicorn. This version of the Plan B is dubbed "Another Full Armor" and possesses a green psycoframe.
- Similarly, the Full Armor Unicorn Plan B itself appears as an ace unit in a DLC mission in Gundam Breaker 3 and can be assembled after it drops its unique blue-bladed Beam Tomahawk along with the Armed Armor XC Builder Part.
- The Full Armor Unicorn Plan B was released as a Gunpla model kit. The Real Grade release was bundled with a limited first press edition of the "Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Blu-ray Box Complete Edition". This version of the Plan B is dubbed "Perfectibility" and features new tail stabilizers for the Armed Armor DE units, identical to those found on the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex (Narrative Ver.).
- As it is released as part of the Build MS line, this suggests the MS originates from the Gundam Build Fighters timeline.
|Gundam Try Age Original Mechanics|
| Mobile Suit|
ASW-G-71 Gundam Dantalion | Gundam F91RR | Gundam Try Zeta | NZ-000SP Queen Mansa Septet | NZ-333 ϝ Azieru | RX-0 Full Armor Unicorn Gundam Plan B | 煌黒機動 Gundam Dryon III
| Mobile Armour|
KRX-001 Full Burst Psyco Gundam
| Mobile Fighter|
GF13-017∞ Gundam God Master