Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The RX-110 Gabthley is a prototype transformable mobile suit, it is featured in the anime series Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. The unit was first test piloted by Dunkel Cooper, and then was later piloted by Jerid Messa and Mouar Pharaoh.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The RX-110 Gabthley is a conceptual design developed by Paptimus Scirocco during the Gryps Conflict, and was intended for mass production. At least three test units were fielded in combat, with positive results due to its unique design and high performance. In mobile armor mode, the Gabthley was one of the fastest units in the field, and the unique movable frame allowed the mobile suit mode's feet to become claws in mobile armor mode, giving the mobile armor the ability to perform limited melee and grappling attacks. Its armament was quite extensive, including four beam sabers, a very powerful Fedayeen  Rifle, and a pair of flexible shoulder-mounted mega particle guns, making the Gabthley highly effective in both close and long-range combat.
- Mega Particle Gun
- A fixed armament mounted on the shoulders, power rated 4.2 MW. These mega particle guns are very flexible, capable of attacking targets at multiple angles from the Gabthley.
- Beam Saber
- Different from other mobile suits, Gabthley can store 4 beam sabers in the recharge racks in its body, each power rated at 0.55 MW.
- Claw Arm
- Powerful melee weapons which are capable of crushing portions of enemy MS, it displays excellent melee performance in combat.
- Fedayeen Rifle/Beam Saber
- An extensive beam weapon used by Gabthley and the Hambrabi, power rated at 6.6 MW, and charged by rechargeable energy cap. The Fedayeen Rifle can perform as a beam rifle and beam saber, similar to the MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam's (BOWA) XBR-M87A2 Beam Rifle. It could be stored under the main body in mobile armor mode.
The first unit was test piloted by Titans pilot Dunkel Cooper, who piloted it against Paptimus Scirocco in the PMX-000 Messala. After the initial testing, two units were assigned to Jerid Messa and Mouar Pharaoh under Paptimus Scirocco's command. Jerid and Mouar fought against Kamille Bidan's Zeta Gundam, resulting in Mouar dying and the loss of her Gabthley. With the Gabthley damaged, Jerid Messa left space to the Kilimanjaro Base.
Even though the Gabthley was a very promising high-performance unit, the design was deemed too complicated and costly for mass production, and the development was dropped after the test stage.