Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The RX-160S-2 Byarlant Custom 02 is a mobile suit that appears in UC-MSV, Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn - Bande Dessinee and Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn: The Noble Shroud. It is piloted by Bier Quatrieme and Riddhe Marcenas.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Byarlant Custom 02 is the second Byarlant Custom unit developed in Torrington as a composite "creature" (Chimera) of Titans mobile suits. It is considered the complete version of the Byarlant Custom, unlike unit 1 which is a modification validation unit. Like unit 1, it has enhanced speed, agility, and self-sustained atmospheric flight over the original and all these were achieved through the use of enhanced thruster units all over its body. While unit 1 has new back-mounted thrusters, which also contain large-capacity fuel tanks, unit 2 has new thruster equipped movable binders that have integrated beam cannons. Another difference from unit 1 is that unit 2 is fitted with normal MS hands to hold additional weapons, and there is also slight changes to the feet design.
The Byarlant Custom 02 has a new ability: it can transform into flight mode for high-speed cruising and can utilize a booster unit to increase its cruising range. The suit is also equipped with a pair of Aero Armor to improve its flight performance while in flight mode. The two fixed long beam rifles on its arms can function as ranged or melee combat weapons as they are capable of generating beam sabers.
- Long Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of many mobile suits is the beam rifle. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures. The RX-160S-2 Byarlant Custom 02 is equipped with two long beam rifles which are mounted on the arms, and unlike most beam rifles of the day, they draw energy straight from the suit's reactor as opposed to an E-Pac.
- Long Beam Saber
- The two long beam rifles can also emit beam sabers from their tips for close range combat, allowing the suit to switch between ranged and close combat easily.
- Beam Cannon
- Byarlant Custom 02's second pair of ranged weapons, they are installed in the back-mounted movable thrusters that are derived from ORX-005 Gaplant's movable shield binders.
- Aero Armor
- Small shields mounted above the long beam rifles, they serve to reduce air resistance when the suit is in flight mode.
Special Equipment & Features
- Booster Unit
- The same booster unit as used by the ORX-005 Gaplant , it substantially increases the amount of fuel the suit can carry, thus increasing its cruising range. When the fuel is depleted, the booster can be ejected to decrease mass.
The Noble Shroud
The second Byarlant Custom is seen in Torrington Base piloted by Federation Pilot Bier Quatrieme. During the assault by the Zeon remnants, this particular unit was grounded due to a start-up error. Luckily, Bier finally got the MS running and assisted Robin during the assault, pushing the Zeon Remnants back to retreat.
The second Byarlant Custom is constructed in Torrington Base and is assigned to the Ra Cailum, piloted by Londo Bell's pilot Riddhe Marcenas. Riddhe used this particular unit during the events of Episode 5 in the Manga, contradicting the events of the OVA.
Gunpla & Toys
- RX-160S-2 Byarlant Custom 02 on UC-MSV Official Site
- RX-160S-2 Byarlant Custom 02 on MAHQ
- RX-160S-2 Byarlant Custom 02 on Gundams Over Germany