The RX-166 Gundam Mk-III "Eagley" is featured in the Gundam Wars I: Project Z design series and is designed by Masahiro Koda. The Eagley's design was inspired by Kazumi Fujita's MSF-007 Gundam Mk-III.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
A improved version of RX-178 Gundam Mk-II, its weapons are the same as Gundam MK-II: 60mm Vulcan Gun, a Beam Saber, Beam Rifle, Hyper Bazooka and a Shield. However it use a stronger generator, and has two Wing Binders which mounts several thrusters to increase its speed and mobility. The Movable Frame was also upgraded, making the Gundam Mk-III "Eagley" more durable.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A standard armament of the mobile suits descended from the Earth Federation Forces's Gundams. These head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire, but little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits; however, they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. They are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small vehicles, etc.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. It is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating.
- Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of the many mobile suits, the beam rifle fires a particle beam that can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures. The beam rifle used by the RX-116 Gundam Mk-III "Eagley" is upgraded from that used by the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II and has a higher power rating. Like most beam weapons of the period, it is powered by a replaceable energy cap. When the current energy cap runs out of energy, it can be replaced by a new one, which is stored on the unit's shield.
- Hyper Bazooka
- The Hyper Bazooka is a mobile suit-sized bazooka that fires powerful explosive rounds that can severely destroy a mobile suit or damage a mobile armor. The explosive impact causes more wide-spread damage than a beam rifle, without sacrificing range like the beam spray gun does. The downside of the bazooka is that its large size makes is somewhat more difficult to handle and its ammunition is limited.
- A basic arm-mounted defense armament for many Federation mobile suits. The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit. Shields are also treated with an anti-beam coating to withstand several beam shots before the coating wears off. Typically physical shields can only take so much damage before they succumb to the pressure and break. The shield of Gundam Mk-III "Eagley" can be compacted when not in use.
A prototype mobile suit created by the Earth Federation Forces from the Gundam Mk-II's data provided by the Titans. This machine featured an improved version of the movable frame used on the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II. Overall two different types of the Mk-III were created. One of these trial units, The RX-166 Gundam Mk-III "Eagley", was constructed at the Kilimanjaro Mountain Base, and destroyed, when the base collapsed after the AEUG attack.
|Gundam Wars Series Original Mechanics|
Epsy Gundam | Nero Trainer | ORX-013 Gundam Mark V Amuro Ray Type | ORX-013S Gundam Mk-VS Augusta Test Colors | Prototype Nero | RX-139 Hambrabi Mk-Ib "Vampire" | RX-166 Gundam Mk-III "Eagley" | RX-272-2 Gundam Mk-III "Halpuley"
| Mobile Suit|
Anaheim Type "Hyaku" | Hyaku Ichi Shiki | MSA-003 Nemo High Maneuver | MSA-005M Methuss Mariner | MSA-014 Σ Gundam | MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki Kai | MSZ-006A1B Zeta Plus A1B | MSZ-006BN Zeta Plus BN | MSZ-007 Z Rapier I | MSZZ-000 "ZZ-Zwei"
| Mobile Suit|