|First Seen||0079 U.C.|
|Last Seen||December 31, 0079 U.C.|
|Operator||Earth Federation Forces|
|Known Pilots||Ryu Jose|
|Overall Height||15.6 meters51.181 ft |
|Head Height||15.0 meters49.213 ft |
|Max Weight||80.0 metric tons|
|Standard Weight||56.0 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor|
|Power Output||878 kW1,177.417 hp|
|Sensor Range||6000 meters19,685.039 ft|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot/Driver (in standard cockpit in torso with Core Block System using FF-X7 Core Fighter)
Co-Pilot/Gunner (in canopy-style cockpit in head)
|Armor||Lunar Titanium Alloy|
|Max Acceleration||1.10 G|
|Max Speed||70 km/h43.496 mph|
|Rocket Thrusters||88000 kg194,006.736 lb |
Technology & Combat CharacteristicsEdit
The main weapons of the guntank were twin 180mm recoil-less cannons, which were effective at both long and medium ranges. The Guntank's two arms ended in four-barrel missile launchers instead of hands. These weapons provided good cover fire against enemy tanks and aircraft, but were less effective against enemy mobile suits.
The major flaw in the Guntank is its inability to turn the torso. This means the cannons can't aim horizontally and is difficult to aim the cannons at moving target as the Guntank must reposition itself.
- 180mm Low-Recoil Cannon
- Two 180mm Cannon is equipped on the shouders of the Guntank. The cannons are used for long range artillery and sniping. It has a firing distance of 260km, which exceeds visual range.
- 4-tube 40mm Bop Missile Launcher
- Two 4-tube 40mm Bop Missile Launcher are mounted in the Guntank's manipulators with an ammunition feed system. It fires small anti-aircraft missiles with a range of 20km. As the Guntank is not equipped with any close range weapon, 4-tube 40mm Rocket Launchers are used as the primary defense weapon.
The Guntank was the first prototype Earth Federation mobile suit developed by Project V. However, the Guntank was hardly a mobile suit at all. The Guntank had the torso and arms of a mobile suit, but possessed tank tread-like legs. It also lacked any sort of hands and had a canopy-style cockpit on the head, along with the cockpit in the torso. Like all "V Project" mobile suits, the Guntank used the Core Block System.
The Guntank was developed when the first rumors of the Principality of Zeon's mobile suits reached the Federation. The Guntank was designed as an anti-mobile suit and artillery mobile suit. Although its performance in this role fell below expectations, it did pack a heavy punch.
At the attack on Side 7, only one of the RX-75-4 Guntank units survived the attack. The last prototype made its way to the Pegasus-class assault cruiser White Base. The Guntank design fought alongside the RX-77-2 Guncannon and the RX-78-2 Gundam, but it was easily outclassed by them. However, after the death of the Guntank pilot Ryu Jose, the mobile suit was upgraded to be used by a single pilot in the canopy-style cockpit. The RX-75-4 Guntank was finally decommissioned at the Federation's General Headquarters at Jaburo, South America in November UC 0079.
- First appeared in parody Mobile Suit Gundam-san, this Guntank variant stems from Hayato Kobayashi's frustation of using Guntank in space and desire for something more flashy than Amuro Ray's RX-78-2 Gundam. His Guntank suddenly gains the ability to use the Psycommu System. Unfortunetly for Hayato, it is just dream sequence. Its Gundam War card reflects this perfectly, this card almost looks like it has [Psycommu(2)] ability.
Notes & TriviaEdit
- In the original Mobile Suit Gundam TV anime, the RX-75-4 Guntank was not decommissioned at Jaburo but continued service on board the White Base until it was destroyed at the Zeon space fortress A Baoa Qu. The discrepancy between the two versions of events exists because the Guntank was seen more as a 'super robot' genre mecha than the 'real robot' genre mecha that the series was aiming for. The movie version of events is considered more canonical, as it reflects the latest version of Tomino's vision.