The RX-77-4 Guncannon II is a prototype artillery mobile suit, and is another mass-produced variant of the RX-77-2 Guncannon. It was first featured in the original design series Mobile Suit Variations (MSV).
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Near the end of the One Year War the Earth Federation Forces made another variant of the RX-77-2 Guncannon the RX-77-4 Guncannon II. The Guncannon II doesn't have the 240mm cannons like the Guncannon, instead equipping a beam cannon on its right shoulder and a precision targeting sensor on its left shoulder. By replacing the 240mm cannons with a beam cannon and a precision targeting sensor, the Guncannon II is a lighter mobile suit than the Guncannon.
- Vulcan Guns
- A standard armament of the mobile suits that are descended from the Earth Federation Forces's RX series is a pair of head mounted 60mm vulcan guns. These shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. The weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small land vehicles, and attack helicopters.
- BAUVA*XBR-L Beam Rifle
- The Guncannon II can be equipped with a larger and longer-range portable mega particle cannon. It is powered via an internal energy capacitor with an average charge of fifteen (15) rounds. Each beam is capable of tearing through the medium and heavy armor of enemy MS and MA. Maximum effective range of 2.8 kilometers.
- Beam Cannon
- A beam cannon that is mounted over the right shoulder; even though it has a directed connection to the Guncannon II's generator, it does not hamper the MS's ability to handle its other beam weaponry.
- "Fire Nut" Grenades
- The Guncannon II is equipped with a set of Fire Nut grenades which are stored inside an open rack on its left waist armor. A compact, powerful bomb which can be hand-thrown by Federation's mobile suits, the Fire Nut can be thrown like regular grenades and set to detonate upon impact with the target. It is powerful enough to destroy an enemy's mobile suit.
Special Equipment & Features
- Targeting Sensor
- Mounted on the left shoulder, is a sensor to help grant the Guncannon II better firing accuracy.
Eight RX-77-4 Guncannon II units were built at the recaptured California Base in North America and several Guncannon IIs participated in the Earth Federation Force's North American offensive.
Notes and Trivia
FA-78-2 Heavy Gundam | RGM-79L GM Light Armor | RX-77-3 Guncannon Heavy Arms Type | RX-77-4 Guncannon II | RX-78-3 Gundam "G-3" | TGM-79 GM Trainer
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|
Corvette Booster | Guncarry | Lightliner
|Principality of Zeon|
| Mobile Suit|
MS-06R-2 Zaku II High Mobility Type | MS-10 Pezun Dowadge | MS-11 Action Zaku | MS-12 Gigan | MS-13 Gasshia | MS-17 Galbaldy α
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|