Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The RX-78-7 7th Gundam (aka RX-78-7 Gundam) was intended to be the seventh mobile suit in the RX-78 Gundam Series, belonging to the Second Lot of Project V models. It first appeared as a part of Kunio Okawara's Missing Mobile Suit Variations, or M-MSV. The Gundam was redesigned and updated and was featured in Mobile Suit Gundam: Battlefield Record U.C. 0081.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Developed mainly for space combat, The RX-78-7 7th Gundam was designed to equip Full Armor equipment parts. This resulted in the body being fitted with mounting latches. It served as the base unit for the FA-78-3 and the HFA-78-3 options. However, with only the basic frame built, both FA-78-3 and HFA-78-3 were never built. The RX-78-7 runs a more powerful generator than that of the RX-78-2 Gundam, as well as sub-generators on the Full Armor options. The RX-78-7 shares the same body class of the RX-78NT-1 Gundam "Alex".
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- Mounted in the head, these shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. The weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small land vehicles, and attack helicopters.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. The RX-78-7 is equipped with two beam saber stored in recharge racks located in the backpack. One can be used as a reserve weapon, or both can be used simultaneously in a twin sword fashion.
- Beam Rifle
- A revolutionary weapon for it's time, the beam rifle is the primary weapon used by the Gundam. Making use of the Federations E-cap (or "energy capacitor") technology, the rifle uses charged concentrations of Minovsky particles as ammunition. This gives the beam rifle firepower equivalent to that of a battleship's beam cannons. As the Minovsky particles destroy matter on a molecular scale, the beam rifle can penetrate even the thickest armor and destroy its target with a single shot. One weak point of the rifle was its energy limits. The rifle could only be fired a certain number of times before depleting its energy and becoming useless.
- Grenade Launcher
- A pair of grenade launchers could optionally be equipped onto the mobile suit's forearms. These grenades are not very effective against large ships, but are ideal mid-range anti-mobile suit weapons.
- Hyper Bazooka
- Similar to the Zaku's bazooka, the Hyper Bazooka was a heavy weapon used by the Gundam. Technically a large rocket launcher it could fire several 380mm missiles to attack targets at long range. No mass-production MS's armor can stop this weapon. While very powerful the Hyper Bazooka had a slow rate of fire and fairly little of ammunition. Most oftenly used to take out slow, heavily armored targets.
- Hand-carried, forearm-mounted or stored on the Gundam's backpack, the shield is a simple defense used to block most incoming ballistic and explosive projectiles. Also used to great effect in close quarters battle with enemy mobile suits. Has a view port than can be sealed off with an internal blast plate.
Special Equipment & Features
- Magnetic Coating
- A special membrane treatment applied to mobile suit joints to improve their response speed. The mobile suits developed by the Earth Federation Forces use special actuators called field motors, whose efficiency is increased by the magnet coating process. The treatment also reduces friction resistance in the mobile suit's joints.
Unfortunately, only the basic frame of the RX-78-7 was completed when the Principality of Zeon surrendered. A later completed RX-78-7 is assigned to the Earth Federation's Phantom Sweep unit in U.C. 0081.