Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Gundam GP02A (Type-MLRS) is designed by the Earth Federation for attacking enemy bases or to provide mid-range support for friendly forces. It features the Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS), an alternate equipment for the Gundam Physalis when the nuclear warhead is not required in battle. Under this setting, the original atomic bazooka is removed and the MS is instead equipped with a six-tube MLRS with three tubes mounted on each side of the backpack.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A standard defensive armament of the Earth Federation Forces' RX and RGM series of mobile suits is a pair of head mounted 60mm vulcan guns. These shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power. The weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small land vehicles, and attack helicopters.
- A.E.Blash AEXB-909L Beam Saber
- The Physalis is equipped with a pair of A.E.Blash AEXB-909L beam sabers stored in waist-mounted recharge racks. The output of these sabers can be manually adjusted and at the highest setting can overpower GP01-Fb's beam saber. The beam sabers are the weapons most commonly employed by the Physalis due to its lack of weapon options.
- NR-Sh-02-RX/S-00013 Shield
- The Gundam Physalis is equipped with a unique NR-Sh-02-RX/S-00013 model shield. The large shield serves not only as additional protection for the Physalis against physical and beam weapons, but it also features a powerful cooling system designed to help protect the Physalis from the edge of a nuclear explosion.
- MLRS (Multiple Launch Rocket System)
- Mounted on the backpack, the MLRS features three tubular missile containers on each side for a total of six containers. The missiles can be be fired at a set time interval, or all of them can be launched at once to deal serious damage to a targeted area.
In Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, the MLRS is not featured on Gundam Physalis as it was stolen by the Zeon ace pilot Anavel Gato while on Earth and it was used to destroy two-third of the Earth Federation's Space Fleet at the Konpei Island. The Gundam Physalis was later destroyed in a heated battle with the Gundam Zephyrantes Full Burnern. In Mobile Suit Gundam Katana, however, the MLRS equipment was used on Gundam Physalis together with the beam bazooka by Kanesada Tsurugi.
Notes and Trivia
- Although the 1/144 HGUC Gundam GP02A (Type-MLRS) model also comes with a beam bazooka, it can only use one set of equipment at a time. In fact, the design of the RX-78GP02A Gundam GP02A (Type-MLRS) does not include the latter, which is another alternate equipment for the Gundam GP02A designed by the Delaz Fleet. The said model also wrongly labels the RX-78GP02A Gundam GP02A (Type-MLRS) as being equipped with the atomic bazooka.
- In SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online, the RX-78GP02A Gundam GP02A (Type-MLRS) actually combines two versions of the unit - the Type-MLRS itself and the RX-78GP02A Gundam GP02A Beam Bazooka Type, with the Beam Bazooka Type being its second, long-ranged weapon and the Type-MLRS being its third, specialized weapon.
- In Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3, the Physalis can briefly use the rocket launchers as its sixth Charge attack.
|Harmony of Gundam Mechanics|
RAG-79 Aqua GM | RGM-79FP GM Striker | RX-78GP02A Gundam GP02A (Type-MLRS)
|Principality of Zeon/Delaz Fleet|
| Mobile Suit|
MS-05L Zaku I Sniper Type | MS-09K-1 Dom Cannon | MS-09K-2 Dom Cannon | RX-78GP02A Gundam GP02A Beam Bazooka Type