Technology & Combat Characteristics
An alternate equipment designed by the Delaz Fleet for Gundam Physalis after it has used up its sole nuclear warhead, rendering the atomic bazooka useless. Like the atomic bazooka, the beam bazooka has 2 components, with the front portion stored in the shield while the back potion is mounted on the back of the right shoulder. The firepower of the beam bazooka can rival that of a mega particle cannon on a large scale mobile armor such as MA-05 Bigro.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A standard defensive armament of the Earth Federation Forces' RX and RGM series of mobile suits is a pair of head mounted 60mm vulcan guns. These shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power. The weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small land vehicles, and attack helicopters.
- A.E.Blash AEXB-909L Beam Saber
- The Physalis is equipped with a pair of A.E.Blash AEXB-909L beam sabers stored in waist-mounted recharge racks. These beam sabers are the weapons most commonly employed by the Physalis due to its lack of weapon options.
- NR-Sh-02-RX/S-00013 Shield
- The Gundam Physalis is equipped with a unique NR-Sh-02-RX/S-00013 model shield. The large shield serves not only as additional protection for the Physalis against physical and beam weapons, but it also features a powerful cooling system designed to help protect the Physalis from the edge of a nuclear explosion.
- Beam Bazooka
- A beam weapon that is modified from the mobile turret Skiure's beam cannon. It serves as the Physalis's main range weapon after the atomic bazooka is useless. Like the atomic bazooka, it is a two-piece weapon, with one piece stored in the shield while the other is mounted on the right shoulder.
In the anime, the beam bazooka is never used by the GP02A as the suit is destroyed in a heated battle with the GP01Fb Gundam Zephyrantes Full Burnern after its attack on the Federation space fleet at Konpei Island. However in the manga, Mobile Suit Gundam Katana, it is used together with the MLRS by Kanesada Tsurugi.
- Although the HG 1/144 model kit of the RX-78GP02A Gundam GP02A (Type-MLRS) also comes with a beam bazooka, the latter is not part of the MLRS configuration.
|Harmony of Gundam Mechanics|
RAG-79 Aqua GM | RGM-79FP GM Striker | RX-78GP02A Gundam GP02A (Type-MLRS)
|Principality of Zeon/Delaz Fleet|
| Mobile Suit|
MS-05L Zaku I Sniper Type | MS-09K-1 Dom Cannon | MS-09K-2 Dom Cannon | RX-78GP02A Gundam GP02A Beam Bazooka Type